Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Inspiration Gallery Discuss AAM #5 – Your Disney Collection in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the fifth AAM Challenge! This topic is brought to you by Nesting_gal! Thank you for the topic idea! The next topic is: You Disney Collection Just about everyone ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

AAM #5 – Your Disney Collection

Welcome to the fifth AAM Challenge! This topic is brought to you by Nesting_gal! Thank you for the topic idea!

The next topic is: You Disney Collection

Just about everyone has some type of collection and scrapbookers are no exception. In fact a lot of scrapbookers collect scrapbook supplies! Are you a pin collector? How about pressed pennies? I’m a collector of all things Stitch (you’re all surprised to hear that, aren’t you?) Stitch stuffties, pins, figures, toys…you name it and if it has Stitch on it, I’ll buy it! Create a layout about YOUR Disney Collection. Don’t forget to journal why you collect what you collect!

For some of the topics you may end up creating a photoless layout and have nothing but journaling on the page. That is okay…your thoughts are just as important in this challenge, if not more, than the images.

This will be a chance to get artistic and leave a personal and meaningful treasure for your future generations.

The next AAM will be posted on May 6th.

Since each task in this series of challenges lasts one month, after you finish your page, feel free to start a book for each of your kids, your SO, or even a non-Disney related one for yourself.

So pull together your deepest thoughts and make a special book for someone to enjoy 50+ years from now.

Happy Scrappin’!

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Since I suggested this challenge, I guess I better do it! Actually I was just waiting to get the pictures developed and then for inspiration to strike.

Now you all know where my user name comes from. This is my nesting doll collection which I started before I became a WDW fan.

Here is part of my journaling:

Russian wooden dolls within smaller dolls were called matryoshka. In old Russian among peasants the name Matryona or Matriosha was a very popular female name. Scholars says this name has a Latin root "mater" and means "Mother". This name was associated with the image of a mother of a big peasant family who was very healthy and had a portly figure.
    Subsequently, it became a symbolic name and was used specially to image brightly painted wooden figurines made in such a way that they could taken apart to reveal smaller dolls fitting inside one another.

I have been collecting matryoshka since 1993. I got my first dolls for my birthday that year. There were a couple of vendors that frequented the craft shows in the area and there is a Russian Store in Lisle, Illinois. Soon after starting my collection, I discovered Ebay and started to spend some serious money! My favorites are what I call the “pop culture” dolls that depict modern movies, television shows and icons.

Some of my favorite dolls include: Beauty and the Beast, the Powder Puff Girls, South Park, Snow White, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse and friends, Dumbo, The Simpsons, Lion King, the Little Mermaid, Pinocchio, Aladdin, Cat in the Hat, a Bug’s Life, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, Rugrats, Peanuts, 101 Dalmatians, the Muppet Show, Kim Possible, Pokémon, Batman Returns, Madonna and the X-Files.

Supplies: cardstock and brads from stash, pattern paper is Daisy D's, fonts: Garmond and Bradley Gratis downloaded from internet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAM #5 – Your Disney Collection-nesting-dolls-left.jpg   AAM #5 – Your Disney Collection-nesting-dolls-right.jpg  
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    How neat. I remember playing with those when I was little. Didn't know they made them with pop culture icons on them.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports