Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss HH #6 – Flowers in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the 6th task in the Hula Hodgepodge series. This challenge series is for all the scrapping ideas and themes that don’t fit into another challenge. One task could ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

HH #6 – Flowers

Welcome to the 6th task in the Hula Hodgepodge series. This challenge series is for all the scrapping ideas and themes that don’t fit into another challenge. One task could be a certain theme and the next could be a certain product. You’ll never know what it is going to be!

Theme for Hula Hodgepodge #6 is: Flowers

While the flowers are only starting to bloom outside, they bloom all year round in the scrapbooking world! Even the boy pages are showing up with flowers on them! There are so many supplies that you can buy to add blossoms to your pages.

Our good friend Pleakly is back with some great penny pinching ideas and tips on saving money when working with flowers on your projects!

1. - Don’t want to pay the high prices for scrapbooking silk flowers? Buy a bundle of fake flowers and pull the stems off! Fake flowers can even be found at dollar stores!
    2. - Have an old fake flower arrangement collecting dust in your house? Pluck the flowers off and stick them on a layout or card.
    3. - One of the hot new floral items out are felt flowers, but at close to $5 a jar, it can get pricey to find the right colors and quantities you need for a project. But if you have a die cut system like a Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Big Shot, etc or punches just buy the foam sheets from the craft store and cut your own (will not work on a Cricut or other electronic cutter)! If you want to buy the premade ones, use a coupon!
    4. - Primas fans, did you know that the flowers in the Fun Expressions catalog is by the same company with a smaller price tag?
    5. - Bottles of flowers are cute, but there are SO many in there that you would be hard pressed to use them all, so share with a friend. Each person can buy a different color and divide it up giving you twice the colors!
    6. - Buy your foam flower stamps from the paint section of the craft store (even Walmart has these). Watch for a sale and stock up! Because they are not “scrapbooking” stamps, they are cheaper!

When you post your item here, please list the supplies that you used (brand of patterned paper, type of embellishments, etc), so if someone loves one of your ideas they can find the supplies to lift it.

The next HH will be posted on April 13th. (such a lovely date!)

Have fun and get those creative juices flowing!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

here is an old one... not disney , but very floral

Last edited by sdale1227; 04-08-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    From our 2005 trip, done digitally. Kit is Chasing Butterflies by Angie Briggs at www.scrapgirls.com.

Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

I have the perfect one for this challenge that I just did! Mine too is from the Flower & Garden Festival. I will try to take photo's of it later today and get it posted.

I have tons of photos from the festival the last 3 years too.... that will be on my to do list!!!!!!

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney

here is my flower festival pages

Quote Originally Posted by sdale1227 View Post

here is an old one... not disney , but very floral

Your links aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Your links aren't working.
    I re-did it , now you should be able to see that one and a few others!
    Last edited by sdale1227; 04-07-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdale1227 View Post
    I re-did it , now you should be able to see that one and a few others!
    Only one of the three is showing and it is really little.

here it is again

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Here is one with flowers. Its not "disney" but i did add Pooh stickers to my layout.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Jeffemsm...01347504987634

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jeffemsm...01364684856834

sorry for the links. i cant get my pictures to upload for some reason. let me know
    if yu cant view them.

karen
    Last edited by Nenny_Mouse; 04-09-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

cinderellamom is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Do you think my boss will let me leave early because I know I have layouts that fit this and I want to go home, take pics and share!!! Yeah!!!!!
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cinderellamom View Post
    Do you think my boss will let me leave early because I know I have layouts that fit this and I want to go home, take pics and share!!! Yeah!!!!!
    Sure he is!

You should bring the layouts to the office and take the photos there on lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by cinderellamom View Post

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Those are soooooo beautiful ladies! I just returned from the flower and garden festival and wish I had thought to take more pictures...keep up the excellent work!!!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast