Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss Layouts: Favorite Books in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Post your layouts about your (or your child, spouse, etc) favorite book, author or anything book related! Do you have a child that adores the Harry Potter books? Make a ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Layouts: Favorite Books

Post your layouts about your (or your child, spouse, etc) favorite book, author or anything book related! Do you have a child that adores the Harry Potter books? Make a page about it! Are you a romance novel fan? Document it! I have an obsession with books…kids books, Disney books, thriller novels, computer how-tos, I love them all! They are even better when they are hard covered!

This thread was formally a scrapbook challenge thread.
    Last edited by Stitch; 06-05-2008 at 01:07 AM.

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey, adults like Harry Potter too!

Actually, I recently got a part-time job at a new Barnes & Noble that is opening in my town. Maybe I will do a page for my About Me book about my new job.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Quote Originally Posted by nestinggal View Post
    Hey, adults like Harry Potter too!

Actually, I recently got a part-time job at a new Barnes & Noble that is opening in my town. Maybe I will do a page for my About Me book about my new job.
    Potter is one of my all time favorite book series!

B&N is a fun place to work! I worked there a few years ago!

Enjoy the discount it's the best. And that is a GREAT idea for a page.

I actually haven't read Harry Potter....I listened to Jim Dale read it to me (book on tape). He is an AWESOME reader with a different voice for each character. I was worried that when he read Peter and the Starcatchers that he would repeat voices he used in HP, but they were totally different. Have you read that book? It is the prequel to Peter Pan by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. I enjoyed it much more than the offical Peter Pan sequel, Peter Pan in Scarlet, which I just finished.

I am so worried that I will end up spending my whole paycheck at B&N, but I promised DH that I will try to utilize the library as much as possible and still bring home most of my check.
    Raelynn

I've read all the potters and I'm in the middle of Peter and the Starcatchers. I got Peter and the Shadow Thieves for my birthday, so I'll read that when I finish starcatchers. I love reading children and young adult books. The stories are so much better than a lot of the stuff in the adult books.

April, you are a kindred spirit. I knew there was something special about you beside your super scrapbooking skills!

After I finshed HP, I kept looking for other children's books on tape to listen to on the commute to work (when I was working). Besides Peter and the Star Catchers, I have read (listened) to a few of the classics (Mary Poppins, , Cronicles of Narnia, Treasure Island...). Now I have moved on to some more modern stuff. Have you read the Charlie Bone or the Sisters Grimm series? I have enjoyed what I have read of those two series.

Let me know what you think of Peter and the Starcatchers. If you like the whole Peter Pan angle, you might like Capt. Hook: The Adventures of a Notorious Youth about Captain Hook as a boy.
    Raelynn

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just started listening to the original Peter Pan story and I only got it because it was read by Jim Dale. We've listened to the HP series many times on our long car trips.

I got a lot of scrapbooking done this winter while listening to books on tape. Unfortunately, we don't have another free weekend until June!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    I am doing one for one of my daughters favorite book .. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle ( she love all his books ) This idea has made me think to to do pages for all her FAVORITE things.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My book was going to be the same one, but I had scanned in my pics at low res and was too lazy to find them and rescan them hehe Cute page.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

she also loves Charlie the Catepillar ( do we see atheme here! ) so I will do that one too! I will also try one for a series of books i just read. Alexander McCall Smith, #1 Ladies Dectective Ageny. Takes place in Africa, so I think I could do something really cool!
    Last edited by sdale1227; 04-15-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    I just started listening to the original Peter Pan story and I only got it because it was read by Jim Dale. We've listened to the HP series many times on our long car trips.

I got a lot of scrapbooking done this winter while listening to books on tape. Unfortunately, we don't have another free weekend until June!
    That's a great idea. I might just have to do that when HP #7 comes out. I sure love listening to Jim Dale read it.
    Raelynn

here is my daughter's other favorite book

Here is the page about my great PT job. I do love working at B&N. The discount is great...especially in the Starbucks Cafe. The strawberry lemonade (frozen) is my current addiction.

Supplies: Cardstock, Staples lined notepad paper, Fonts: GoudyOlSt BT and LD Bookshelf, colored pencils
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Raelynn

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by nestinggal View Post
    I actually haven't read Harry Potter....I listened to Jim Dale read it to me (book on tape). He is an AWESOME reader with a different voice for each character.

Ok, I'm no scrapbooker, so pardon me as I jump into a forum I usually don't venture into, but this just caught my eye... the Harry Potter books are available as book on tape??? Gosh, I think I know what I'm getting for my girlfriend the next time I see her! She loves the series (as do I), but she's too lazy to read the books herself, so it's something I've been doing with her over the last few months. I've been getting them out of the library down here and then at night I'll read some of them over the phone to her. The only problem is that we often don't get to talk until late at night, and she usually starts falling asleep only a few pages into it. We're in the middle of #4 right now, and I tell ya, when you're reading a 734 page book and doing so approximately 7 pages at a time... yeah, the progress is almost non-existent. At least if I got her the book on tape, then maybe she could have a chance finishing it this year without actually putting in the effort of having to read it herself.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast