Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss CC #15 Precious Metals in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; First off I want to thank April for approaching me with the opportunity to help her out with the challenges! I know how much having these challenges help to keep ...

CC #15 Precious Metals

First off I want to thank April for approaching me with the opportunity to help her out with the challenges! I know how much having these challenges help to keep me motivated and hopefully it will do the same for all of you!

Welcome to the 15th task in the Color Challenge series. For this task we will be trying our hands at using metallic paper!

Color theme Color Challenge #15 is: Metallics

Whether you prefer gold, bronze, silver or any of the other various colors they now sell in metallic! Sometimes metallic paper gives that perfect extra pizzazz! So make a card, make a layout, make anything crafty you'd like to share with us using metallic paper!

When you post your item here, please list the supplies that you used (brand of paper and or embellishments. If you used a Cricut cartridge please specify which one(s) it was), so if someone loves one of your ideas they can find the supplies to lift it.

Deadline for this challenge will be February 14, 2008 and I will post the next challenge sometime shortly after that.

Now go and be creative and show us what you've got! Have fun!

Here is a card that I used metallic gold paper for the letters I cut out with my Cricut! (This will be one of the cards I will be donating for the DWT auction)

Supplies used:
    Patterned paper (no clue I've had it forever!)
    Metallic Paper is from a DCWV Stack
    "Ho Yo Ho Yo" was cut from Mickey Font Cricut cartridge
    The pirate ship and skulls were cut from Paper Doll Cricut cartridge.

The inside of the card reads "A Happy Birthday for you!"

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    That looks wonderful!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Very nice, Melissa.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Does Bazzill Bling paper count as metallic? It's cardstock that has a kind of shine to it. And are metallic inks and embossing powder okay to use?
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-06-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Does Bazzill Bling paper count as metallic? It's cardstock that has a kind of shine to it. And are metallic inks and embossing powder okay to use?
    I say yes! I have that in quite a few colors and I would consider it a "metal" like paper. Can't wait to see what you create April!

I used Bling paper to do this past Christmas invitations and have been waiting for just the right place to post them! I'm scanning them now.

I have an idea for a card that I've been wanting to do with the off white Bazzill Bling....maybe I can work on that tomorrow.

Can't wait to see the invites!

I made these invites for this past Christmas Eve.

Paper: The blue, grey and white are all Bazzill Bling and the rest is just regular Bazzill.
    Die Cuts: QuicKutz (snowman and white letters)
    Brads: Making Memories
    Font: Blackredis
    The snowflakes were done with a random foam stamp and Versamark ink.

Closed:

Open:

This is my portfolio sample, so no that is not a valid addy or phone number LOL.

Great job April! The snowmen are so cute and I love the stamped snowflake background paper! What do you mean? You don't have a "555" phone number?

For those of you who are not familiar with Bazzill Bling paper, these pictures do not to the paper justice. It's very pretty shiny paper!

Oh my goodness--that is so adorable.
    Raelynn

I just did a couple more cards today to fit this challenge.

The first one is for my buddy RIch (hopefully he won't look at this thread since I won't get it in the mail until Monday! ). I wanted to do the train in Virgin's colors since that's who he drives for so metallic silver was perfect!

Patterned paper: K&Company
    solid paper: Metallic silver is by DCWV and the rest is all Bazzill
    Embellishment: The train and Donald were cut from Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge.
    stickers: "HI" were metallic letters from Making Memories
    extra supplies: pop dots were used under Donald and the puff of steam
    Last edited by disneydreamer98; 02-09-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Here's the other one. It could be used for a wedding card or even a 50th wedding anniversary because of the gold on it.

I wanted to try just cutting a silhouette rather than piecing all the colors together. I did same color card as the silhouette of Cinderella and Prince Charming.

I took a couple different shots with the camera because it was hard to get a true picture of it because of the shine on the Bazzill Bling paper.

Supplies

Paper: Bazzill Bling (kind of a creamy ivory color, not sure of the exact name)
    Embellishments: Cinderlla with Prince Charming and the two piece heart were all cut from Happily Ever After Cricut Cartridge.
    Extra Supplies: Stampendous Jeweled Gold embossing powder (used on "Congratulations" stamp and heart.

Come on girls!!! Someone else give it a try and show us your results!!!

April and I really want to keep these challenges going and for that to happen your participation is necessary!

Great cards Melissa!
    Raelynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast