Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss Layouts: United Kingdom Pavilion in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Share your layouts for your travels to the United Kingdom Pavillion in Epcot's World Showcase. Supplies Suggestions Some good supplies to use when scrapping the UK are: 101 Dalmatians, The ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Layouts: United Kingdom Pavilion

Share your layouts for your travels to the United Kingdom Pavillion in Epcot's World Showcase.

Supplies Suggestions
    Some good supplies to use when scrapping the UK are:
    • 101 Dalmatians, The Great Mouse Detective, Peter Pan, The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood and the non-Wonderland parts of Alice in Wonderland were all set in the United Kingdom. Any embellishments related to those movies would be a nice, fairy tale addition to your layouts.
    • UK or England travel themed supplies featuring Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and other landmarks
    • Winnie the Pooh and friends were created in the UK and there is even a Pooh corner at the pavilion. Use Pooh and friend themed papers and embellishments for all your pages.
    • The UK is known for having a love of tea. Embellish your pages with teacups and pots.
    • Untied Kingdom’s flag is the Union Jack and its colours are red, white and blue. Those colors make for a great base for your layout.

Journaling Ideas
    Here are some ideas to help spice up the journaling on your UK pages:
    • Use the Queen’s English to write your journaling…color=colour, favor=favour, center=centre, bathroom=loo etc This thread has lots of words you can use: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...trickster.html or ask one of our members from the UK to give you a hand
    • Journal about your “Jolly Holiday” with quotes from Mary Poppins, another film set in the United Kingdom
    • The Beatles are one of UK’s biggest exports. Use lyrics from one of their many hits on your pages

This thread was formally a scrapbook challenge thread.
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-04-2008 at 01:16 PM.

itsanewme is offline A-Ticket holder
    thank you sooo much
    Ive started laying out my UK page so will be sure to add some of these ideas

Perfect! I already have pics of Tanner visiting with Mary Poppins in the UK printed out and thought out so I'll be working on it this weekend! Thanks April!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Darn it, I don't think I have any photos of the UK! Along with the two baby scrapbooks I want to make, I want to make one of my little guy's first trip to WDW. I'll check out the previous challenges, maybe my pages (yet to be made) will fit in somewhere. This is fun, I'm excited to learn something new! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm glad you like the topic! I drove everyone crazy in chat last night trying to come up with ideas and with trying to get England, UK, and Britian straight!

I did these layouts for the book I made for Tracy (Flutter) of our trip in `05.

Patterened Paper: Sandylion
    Rubons: Sandylion
    CardStock: Generic
    Fibers: EK Success

I love the sidescreen in the forums, because I can now display a spread next to each other!!

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Those are great pages April, here is my lonely UK page! This is from my Jan 06 trip. My son adored the hedge maze! Since I'm digital, click the image for credits.

Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

FRAN! It's so great to see you again! I missed your beautiful digital layouts!

Awesome layout!

Quote Originally Posted by itsanewme View Post
    thank you sooo much
    Ive started laying out my UK page so will be sure to add some of these ideas
    Welcome itsanewme! Besure to post your pages when you are do! We would love to see them.

Didn't get to my UK page over the weekend. Maybe I can try this weekend since we will most likely be snowed in!

Great pages so far girls! Keep em' coming!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    these are really cute!
    Last edited by Stitch; 03-07-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!

here is mine from last year... we are heading back today ( YEAH! ) so i will take tone of photos for my next batch of scrap pages

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    The UK.... What a great place!! AND LOs!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Last edited by disneydreamer98; 01-21-2010 at 08:27 AM.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Everything Tanner does is adorable. That box of cereal in the middle of the living room carpet? Adorable. The peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the VCR? Adorable. Your good watch at the bottom of the toilet bowl? Adorable. Don't you wish you had three more just like him?

Personally, I think he's adorable too.
    They call me "Nana"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Cutting off his hair to teach Mommy to keep scissors put away? Adorable!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast