Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Inspiration Gallery Discuss Layouts: Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Post your layouts for your visit to Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama at Animal Kingdom. Supplies/Layout Ideas Some good supplies to use when scrapping Chester and Hester’s land are: Dinosaur themed ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Layouts: Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama

Post your layouts for your visit to Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama at Animal Kingdom.

Supplies/Layout Ideas
    • Some good supplies to use when scrapping Chester and Hester’s land are:
    • Dinosaur themed supplies – I’ve attached some samples for you - Karen Foster Dino line(attachment 1) and Basic Grey Archaic(attachment 2)
    • Focus on one part of the Dino-Rama, be it the games, the theming, Primeval Whirl or do a layout covering the entire area in all its cheesiness.
    • Use embellishments designed for carnival or fair pages (attached is a Disney set of carnival themed stickers by Sandylion).
    • Stickers that represent carnival games work well too like ring toss, water guns, etc.
    • Play up the tourist element of the Dino-Rama with generic travel embellishment

Journaling Ideas
    Here are some ideas to help spice up the journaling on your Dino-Rama pages:
    • Incorporate the story behind the land. You can find some information here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...noland-ak.html
    • Use “carnival speak” in your journaling – examples of “carnival speak” would be what the game callers use such as “step right up” and “win a prize for the little lady” (I’m totally drawing a blank on carnival speak clichés!)

This thread was formally a scrapbook challenge thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Layouts: Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama-basicgrey.jpg   Layouts: Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama-sl-dscb114-lg.jpg  
    Last edited by Stitch; 06-19-2008 at 07:24 PM.

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This one is pretty basic--just cardstock and clip art I found online.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

I love the M&M in jungle prints and the dino you found Raelynn! Perfect for that page!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I like the Mickey and Minnie riding the dinosaur.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Thank you ladies.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Here's one from me of my son on Triceratop Spin. From our Sept 2007 trip. Mommy was sick in bed at Pop Century, the guys went to Animal Kingdom! This is a digital LO, credits below LO. The yellow dinosaur is a cut out of one of our pics, the remaining dinos came with the kit.

credits:
    fonts: DecoTech TL, Dali
    Jurscrappic Park by Kathryn Estry at Digital Scrapbooking at Digital Scrapbook Pages - Home
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

Last edited by disneydreamer98; 01-21-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore. I’m a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD