Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss CSC #1 - Sketch 1 in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the 1st Card Sketch Challenge! For this challenge, I will provide a sketch and you make a card based on it. You can use the sketch 100%, or ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

CSC #1 - Sketch 1

Welcome to the 1st Card Sketch Challenge!

For this challenge, I will provide a sketch and you make a card based on it. You can use the sketch 100%, or you can loosely follow it. The card can be any theme you want - birthday, thank you, thinking of you, etc.

Just have fun with it! Also, you don’t have to stop at just one card!

The sketch for this challenge is:

With this challenge I am also introducing a new term…Stitchify! To Stitchify something means to take the challenge to the next level. It will add an element that will push your creativity that much further. Stitchifying the challenge is completely optional! Please do not feel you have to do it.

To “Stitchify” this challenge – Create a card of any theme with one of the Disney Princesses on it.

This challenge will run for two weeks, ending on Thursday August 10th. (I know it's not a full two weeks, this challenge is starting a few days late. Sorry about that!)

Please upload your cards in to the scrapbooking photo album with CSC#1 in the title .
    Last edited by Stitch; 03-27-2007 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Here is my card for the Challenge:

Patterned Paper: SEI
    Cardstock: Bazzill
    Ribbon: KI Memories
    Flowers: Prima

Here is my "Stitchified" card:

Paper: Creative Memories
    Ribbon: Offray
    Sticker: Sandylion
    Rubon: Scrap-Ease
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-29-2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to list brands

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Nice Ariel card. I am going to sit this one out and finish my garden scrapbook stone. Which should be done by tomorrow..drying time is a pain.

My problem is when I design cards for people(especially ones with Disney) I dont want to give them away because I like them too much, then I wind up putting them with all my other stuff I have made and dont want to give away, then my BF tells me "why dont you give some of those things you made for people away", then the whole thing escalates from there. LOL So I have cut back on making things I would like to keep.
    Besides most people dont appreciate all the hard work you put into homemade gifts/cards/etc. anyway and wind up tossing them becuse they aren't store bought EHHHH---let em go spend their own money on supplies to throw away LOL

If you finish your rock and feel like making a card, you could always donate it to next year's Dream Team Auction. That way you know it will go to someone that will appreciate it.

OK...but I am mailing it to you to hang on to until then..LOL I will either not be able to find it or become attached to it. I AM A SELF CONFESSED PACK RAT LOL
    Last edited by vixen101485; 07-29-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    OK...but I am mailing it to you to hang on to until then..LOL I will either not be able to find it or become attached to it. I AM A SELF CONFESSED PACK RAT LOL
    I'm totally okay with that! All the Disney themed cards I am making are going into the auction next year, so I have a box to store them all!

Would send it to Dame but after all the boxes she got the one day I dont think she would like me much anymore....LOL

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Would send it to Dame but after all the boxes she got the one day I dont think she would like me much anymore....LOL
    We need to let Pat recover a bit longer before we even mention this to her!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Too late..... I looked.
    It's a wonderful idea! Sending them to April is even better but even I've started a "next year's auction" box. Just haven't heard anything from Fred yet about being allowed to have an auction next year!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    No auction. No Mr. and Mrs. iwannabeminnie. I will boycott the meet.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Wow...that will get people turning away left and right I am sure! BTW....where have you been hiding???

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hello from a newbie!

I have recently discovered this site/forum as part of this new Disney obsession I have acquired while planning our family trip to WDW in October. The trip will be to celebrate me & DH's 10th wedding anniversary (oh, and we are bringing our 3 1/2 year old DS too).

I have been stalking the scrap forums looking for ideas to scraplift. Wow, you ladies are very talented. I'm excited about this card challenge since I can participate w/out any Disney pics. I will be noodling on this and will post my card.

Raelynn

P.S. Has anyone purchased accents from Gina's Treasure Chest? I found her store on ebay and love that she has an accent for just about every WDW attraction, restaurant and resort. I'm just curious about the quaility.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    PAT, DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!

I filled out my "after the meet" survey and made sure they knew you would not go if there was no auction in 2007 so that should ensure it happens again next year!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Hi Raelynn and

Please do join in and if you want to do a Disney layout without pictures in anticipation for your trip I think that would be great. Can't wait to see your card and a little birdie told me April has a lot of other challenges in the works to keep everyone busy. This way you can paricipate in one or all the challenges.

"Has anyone purchased accents from Gina's Treasure Chest?"

Never saw her store before but I am sure going to look know. I usually buy my Disney stuff that I can't get locally through Mousememories.com!
    Last edited by Goofygirl; 07-30-2006 at 12:57 PM. Reason: I'm embarrassed to say!!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

I got and inspiration and decided to do a quick(like 3 minute, i work better under pressure lol) color sketch of a Halloween card. I dont have all the supplies to make it right now but anyone who has the gumption, feel free.

I was thinking of the spiderweb being glittery and the purple stripe as a shimmery ribbon. I flipped mine sideways only because I really like the cards that open that direction. The lettering is similar to that used for cake decorating. Maybe some little spider stickers and a jack-o-lantern sticker. You could even use a mickey head pumpkin as that sticker to give it that Disney touch. Gve me a second to post the link, it was too big to put up as a thumbnail.

ok here it is....http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...7&limit=recent

LOL...btw, I borrowed one of Meghyn's crayons to color the lighter purple.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 07-30-2006 at 02:35 PM. Reason: posting link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast