Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss CC #1 - Monochromatic in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the first task in the Color Challenge series. Color is a major part of our everyday life. Imagine what life would be like if Walt avoided color. The ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

CC #1 - Monochromatic

Welcome to the first task in the Color Challenge series.

Color is a major part of our everyday life. Imagine what life would be like if Walt avoided color. The purpose of this challenge is to push yourself to use color. I will pick a color or color “theme” and you have to use as much of that color in your layouts or cards. You can do anything you want, or you can do something with a Disney theme if you wish.

Color theme for Color Challenge (CC) #1 is: Monochromatic

Monochromatic means you use all one-color family. So say you pick blue. You can use navy, baby blue, royal blue, etc. Try to really stick to your pallet, you’ll be surprised what you come up with!

Stitchify! – Base you color pallet on Walt’s famous cartoon, Steamboat Willie. (Black, White, and Grey)

Please upload your layout or card into the Disney Scrapbooking photo album, with CC #1 in the title.

Also, when you post your item here, please list the supplies that you used (brand of patterned paper, type of embellishments, etc), so if someone loves one of your ideas they can find the supplies to lift it.

This challenge is going to run for two weeks. Deadline for CC #1 is August 16th.

Have fun and get those creative juices flowing!

Wahoo! I love it! I already have an idea! Now back to the drawing board and to get some more photos printed!

I forgot to mention that if there are two challenges that are running at the same time you can always combine the two. For example, if you want to combine the color challenge with the Disney one, and do an IASW layout in all one color go right ahead!

The color challenge will always start 2 days after the Disney Scrapping challenge starts.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL....you beat me to it. I was thinking about doing a one color layout the other day. Now I have the motivation to actually get it done. As soon as I finish the IASW one. Have to get the pics printed for that one.

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This is the perfect challenge for the color challenged--mainly me. I have the worst time trying to figure out which colors to put together. I definately do not have an eye for color.

my son is online with me. this is his choice of smilie.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    So this is not necessarily a scrap challenge or a card challenge, we can do it whichever way we want. Am I understanding this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by nestinggal
    This is the perfect challenge for the color challenged--mainly me. I have the worst time trying to figure out which colors to put together. I definately do not have an eye for color.
    nestinggal, there are color wheels that you can purchase, that can be very helpful with color combinations if you don't have an eye for it. I've seen them in scrapbook stores, craft stores and even office supply stores before.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    So this is not necessarily a scrap challenge or a card challenge, we can do it whichever way we want. Am I understanding this correctly?
    Make anything...card, layout, mini book, altered item.

Whatever you want. If you want to wait till the next card challenge is posted to combine the two, go right ahead. What to do a layout about your kids....go for it! Want to make a layout about WDW, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    nestinggal, there are color wheels that you can purchase, that can be very helpful with color combinations if you don't have an eye for it. I've seen them in scrapbook stores, craft stores and even office supply stores before.
    One of my thread I'm working on is about color and color combinations, so if you don't want to buy a color wheel, I'd hold off.

Are pink and orange in the same family?

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Are pink and orange in the same family?
    No...pink is part of the red family.

but they are both warm colors....lol...ppl with carroty hair look good in pink(not)

So are you saying I should not buy my red headed son that pink speedo for Christmas?

OH GOD that is so not a picture I want in my head at this time of night. lol NO OFFENSE mrwannabeminnie JR.

Is green in the blue family, or does green have it's own family?

Do you use the 3 primary colors: red, yellow, and blue?

Or do you use the rainbow colors?

I never took any kind of art classes. I'm an accountant, dang it.

Color Families:

Blues - Light blue, Navy, Royal Blue, Blue
    Red - Pink, Red, Light Red, Dark Pink
    Yellow - Yellow, Light Yellow, Lemon, Sun Yellow
    Green - Green, Light Green, Dark Green, Hunter
    Purple - Royal Purple, Lavendar, Plum, Purple
    Black - White, Grey, Dark Grey, Black, Light Grey

Got the idea, or do I need to list the other families? I'll have a card posted here tomorrow to help you along.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast