Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss AAM #1 – Favorite Disney Movie in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the All About Me (AAM) Challenge Series – Disney Style! So many times we scrapbook our vacations and holidays and our children, but how often do we scrap ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

AAM #1 – Favorite Disney Movie

Welcome to the All About Me (AAM) Challenge Series – Disney Style!

So many times we scrapbook our vacations and holidays and our children, but how often do we scrap our thoughts and ourselves? Wouldn’t you love to have a book about your great great great grandmother’s loves and feelings?

Well this challenge is going to give us a chance to do that, with a Disney twist. Each month we will create a different layout based on the given topic.

You may want to get a special album or journal to keep the pages in. I picked up this album for my pages: Stitch's Album
    I picked it because the cover is a kraft material so I can decorate it any way I want.

For some of the topics you may end up creating a photoless layout and have nothing but journaling on the page. That is okay…your thoughts are just as important in this challenge, if not more, than the images.

This will be a chance to get artistic and leave a personal and meaningful treasure for your future generations.

The first topic is: Favorite Disney Movie

Create a layout about YOUR favorite Disney movie. This layout should not only say what the movie is, but why you love it. Include the feelings it gives you and why it is so special.

The AAM challenges will not have a Stitchify feature to them due to the personal nature of the pages.

This challenge is going to run for one month. Deadline for AAM #1 is September 2nd.

Since each task in this series of challenges lasts one month, after you finish you page, feel free to start a book for each of your kids, your SO, or even a non-Disney related one for yourself.

So pull together your deepest thoughts and make a special book for someone to enjoy 50+ years from now.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    What a neat idea. I have always wanted to do something like this(not that the kiddos will appreciate it anytime soon, but....) but I could never decide where to start. This helps and is not time consuming. A page a month I can do. I just have to make sure I date when I did the page because my favorite movie may change from time to time. LOL Maybe do a new one each time it does is an option. See how my tastes change over the course of a few years.
    I think I have a unused journal upstairs somewhere, if not I can pick up a cheap one. I am thinking I will stick to a small journal size book so I dont feel I have to fill up a big huge page, but have the option of continuing on to another page if I ramble on like I am doing now. LOL

HMMM just thinking I can maybe get the grandparents to do something like this too and make them feel important. Would be kinda neat to have each family member do one and read out some excerpts at a get-together.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    This is going to be hard. How do you choose a favorite Disney movie?

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    ohhh oh ohh a book about me! its about time! and i can look for stuff while im at disney in 21 days! cool!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

I am so glad you gals like this challenge...I was a little scared it wouldn't go over well.
    Last edited by Stitch; 08-05-2006 at 07:48 PM. Reason: I have a headache and can't type tonight

I love it! Now...I just wish that I would have known about this one before I went to get photo's printed about an hour ago!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I love it! Now...I just wish that I would have known about this one before I went to get photo's printed about an hour ago!
    Sorry, I had to work all day!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love that book. I'll def. have to do this, maybe in the 6x6 size, thanks for the challange

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    What I have done is create an album of all of my pages that I will submit for the challenges.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Okay folks, here it is. And don't say I cheated because I didn't. I told you it was going to be hard to choose a favorite movie and it was. I couldn't do it.

Last edited by iwannabeminnie; 08-10-2006 at 03:02 PM.

I LOVE it T!!!!!! I love the LO, but I especially love your journaling...it made me teary eyed. Great job!!!

Thank you! I'm getting better, aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Thank you! I'm getting better, aren't I?
    You weren't bad to begin with! I think you are doing a great job!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Awesome, totally awesome......you got it going on girl!!!!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You are getting quick there miss minnie. Love the journaling. This is going to be my problem with this is the choosing part.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast