Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss TTC #2 Vellum in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; I have posted a Lilo's Lesson on how to make a pocket for those of you who may not know how to do it. How to make a Pocket...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I have posted a Lilo's Lesson on how to make a pocket for those of you who may not know how to do it.

How to make a Pocket

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I know how to make a pocket. I am just lazy and dont want to. LOL

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Nice LO vixen--stripes and all. Too lazy to make a pocket but not to make a that very cute monorail, huh? That's what I would call "selective laziness."
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    lol..ty gal Yep I have an extreme case of it. Kinda like when I was making a scrapbook page yesterday instead of doing the dishes. LOL The monorail was more fun to make. LOL

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Pocket, pocket. How am I supposed to make a pocket? What am I supposed to put in my pocket? Okay, back to the drawing board.

I have this one finished except for adding the photos which I will get developed this afternoon. This challenge really made me use my thinking cap and forced me to do something I probably would never have done otherwise. I am very happy with the results. Thanks April, I needed that!

Here it is. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

Paper is by Die Cuts with a View.
    Vellum is by The Paper Company.
    The brads are Jo-Ann's Essentials.
    The letters came from a huge package of letters I got at Wal-Mart for $5-$6. I have thrown away the insert, so I'm not sure what brand name they are. (But let me tell you, I have used the hound out of those letters. They have been worth every penny.)
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-08-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    WooHoo...great pocket!

Thank you! I think it is a great pocket too, even if I did make it myself. I am so happy with the way it turned out. I think I like this page as much as any I have done. Maybe just because I tried something new. I don't know. I really would never have done it if it hadn't been for you. So again, thanks.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I love that layout and the pocket is to die for. I also like the letters and am reminded that I own them and have bever used them. You have inspired me to use them!
    Last edited by Goofygirl; 08-28-2006 at 08:37 PM. Reason: cause April told me to.....
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Thank you Janet! I really just dug through all of my things looking for something that I could PUT into a pocket! I snapped the photos on our trip in June, while Ed and I were waiting for my sister and family to arrive. The man in the foreground in the cap is my brother-in-law, the short lady in the red shirt is my sister, and the skinny-mini in the white shirt with her back to the camera is my 10 year old niece who is going to be taller than her mother in 6 months, tops.

I just followed April's instructions and cut the vellum to size with a 1/4 inch overlap. When I put the piece on top of the booklet to see how long to cut it, I just decided to fold it over and glue it to resemble the flap on a shirt pocket. I used the brads to hold it down because April said that is how she did it (and I want to be like the professionals).

I was finished with the layout, but not quite happy with it, wondering what I could do for a little extra punch when I noticed on the booklet "Official Luggage Tags Enclosed." The luggage tag was not the one the book was referring to, but I thought "hey, I've got luggage tags!" I actually have a lot more tags than I have luggage! They send us new ones every year. For those of you 'in the know' you will notice that the luggage tag on the layout is an old one. The Happiest Celebration on Earth tags are on my luggage!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Those are some great pages everyone! Very creative!!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    wow what great layouts!!!! i need to go to my moms to get my scrapbooking stuff! i just got back from disney last nite and i cant wait to scrap!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

You just got back last night? You dirty dawg! I'll bet you can't wait to scrap, but first you have to unpack all those suitcases and do all that laundry! THEN we expect to see some bodaciously awesome layouts!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    i was literally there 48 hours from landing to take off! it was a small present from my husband for getting a new job. i have 45 pictures to scrap for just going to magic kingdom for one day!!! although some of those pictures were from the parade and some rides. but i got an awesome picture of me and my man :mickey: so thats all i care about!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    You just got back last night? You dirty dawg! I'll bet you can't wait to scrap, but first you have to unpack all those suitcases and do all that laundry! THEN we expect to see some bodaciously awesome layouts!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast