Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss Abc #1 - A in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the Disney ABC Challenge! ABC books serve many purposes in the scrapping world. They are a great way to quickly make a mini album for your memories. The ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Abc #1 - A

Welcome to the Disney ABC Challenge!

ABC books serve many purposes in the scrapping world. They are a great way to quickly make a mini album for your memories. The books are great to make for kids…what better way to learn your ABC’s than with a book of things you love. ABC books also make great gifts!

It’s funny how great scrapping minds think alike. I planned this challenge to start today over a month ago and Ann posts her ABC album the other day. So here is the link to her ABC album for inspiration.

Ann's ABC Book

Some ideas for an ABC book you could do are:

Characters (This works great for autograph books!)
    A – Alice in Wonderland
    B – Baloo
    C – Cinderella

WDW Locations
    A – Animal Kingdom
    B – Boma
    C – Carousel of Progress

Adjectives
    A – Adorable
    B – Bouncy
    C - Comical

I found a Disney ABC Album list from Creative Scrapbooking online that will help spark some ideas, because you know what Figment says it only takes “One Little Spark”!

Disney ABC Album List

The letter for ABC #1 is – A Now this challenge will run in ABC order, but since I don’t want it to take 52 weeks to complete, I’m going to run this challenge weekly, instead of the normal two weeks. Please don’t feel like you have to finish a page in a week. Since you are going to know what the next week’s letter will be, the only reason I’ll set a challenge is so when you do finish a letter, you can post it in that letter's thread. Plus for each letter I will post a sample of items to help you along.

Here is a list of items you can use for the letter A to get you started:
    - ABC Commissary
    - Adorable
    - Adventure
    - Adventureland
    - Adventurers Club
    - Africa
    - Agrabah Bazaar
    - Aladdin
    - Alice
    - Al’s Toy Barn
    - Amazing
    - The American Adventure
    - Animal Kingdom
    - Animation Academy
    - Ariel’s Grotto
    - Asia
    - Astro Orbiter
    - Aunt Polly’s Dock Side Inn
    - Autographs
    - Awesome

Another variation on this challenge is to make a challenge ABC book. This is a book that is premade with items you WANT to take pictures of on your next trip and the challenge is to find them all. You can also challenge yourself (or the kids) to find the letter in signs around the park and take photos of them like you see here:

WDW Letters
    (Image created by dzneynut)

The ABC challenges will not have a Stitchify feature to them since each one of our ABC books will be different from the others.

Deadline for ABC #1 is September 23rd.

For those of you that have already started/done an ABC book, please feel free to post your pages as the letters come up. We would love to see them!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    ohhhhh i just might have to make a challenge book for the next time i go (hopefully in 2008). oh that sounds like a cool idea!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

I was thinking of making a challenge one to donate to the dream team. Have the look all planned out, just need to figure out which way to go with it.

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am planning to do an ABC book of our upcoming trip. I don't want to do a challenge book b/c I don't want the added pressure (me putting it on myself) of having to find certain things/letters. So... my pages will probably be at least a month or two after the deadline.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I am SO going to do this. I just can't decide which one I want to do. General ABC's. Autograph ABC's. Places ABC's. Fun, fun, fun. Now if I just had a few grandchildren, I could REALLY get into this! Auvie and Savanna, I hope you are reading this!

Quote Originally Posted by nestinggal View Post
    I am planning to do an ABC book of our upcoming trip. I don't want to do a challenge book b/c I don't want the added pressure (me putting it on myself) of having to find certain things/letters. So... my pages will probably be at least a month or two after the deadline.
    Whenever you get your pages done we would love to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I am SO going to do this. I just can't decide which one I want to do. General ABC's. Autograph ABC's. Places ABC's. Fun, fun, fun. Now if I just had a few grandchildren, I could REALLY get into this! Auvie and Savanna, I hope you are reading this!
    ohhhh an AUTOGRAPH book! what an AWESOME IDEA!!!!!

I am making two ABC books. They are for the grandchildren I may never have. Since I'm not sure if I may never have a grandson or a granddaughter, I am making a "boy" book and a "girl" book. My books have no photos. That is so I can take the grandchild(ren) I may never have to WDW and we can collect the photos together.

Girl's book:

Boy's book:

So cute!!! You have some lucky grandchildren to be!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Wow, with books like that you've just got to have grandchildren! What a great idea.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I am making two ABC books. They are for the grandchildren I may never have. Since I'm not sure if I may never have a grandson or a granddaughter, I am making a "boy" book and a "girl" book. My books have no photos. That is so I can take the grandchild(ren) I may never have to WDW and we can collect the photos together
    I will be your "designated" granddaughter and you can take me to disney all you want to!!!!!

LOL, okay, but you have to ooooh and aaaaaah in all the right places!

ohhhh thats not a problem!!!!! i will even beg for toys like a grandchild and you can spoil me alllll you like, like a grandma!

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder

ABC book cover

Ok, as I am not-so-patiently waiting for my vacations pictures to come, I'm doing some pre-scrapping work.

Here is the the cover for our trip's ABC book. All the paper & stickers are from the 2006 Icon kit purchashed at WDW. I got a spiral bound book at Michaels (40% off coupon) that has 35 pages (so 70 layouts).

The scan is blurry b/c of the sprial.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast