Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss TTC #4 – Staples in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse i was just looking at them online. i saw that joanns has the mickey head bar staples on sale for $3.49. not sure if thats in ...
    Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    i was just looking at them online. i saw that joanns has the mickey head bar staples on sale for $3.49. not sure if thats in store or just online. i have GOT to get one of those!
    I know quite a few people who bought the staples but did not bother to spend the money on the stapler. They just pierced the paper, pushed each side through and bent them in the back. Just a $$ saving tip!!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl View Post
    I know quite a few people who bought the staples but did not bother to spend the money on the stapler. They just pierced the paper, pushed each side through and bent them in the back. Just a $$ saving tip!!!
    Are you talking about doing this with the fastenator bars? You really need the tool, cause they are really hard to do without it.

If you do want to try to push the bars through with you hand, make sure you do it into a mousepad.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Are you talking about doing this with the fastenator bars? You really need the tool, cause they are really hard to do without it.

If you do want to try to push the bars through with you hand, make sure you do it into a mousepad.
    I was actually thinking about doing the same thing with the staples...YOU are talking to "miss save money whereever I can" As long as you make a small slit into the paper with an Exacto first where you want them they should go in fine. I know this because I had to improvise once when my regular stapler went kapooey and I really needed to staple something together. I Just poked little holes into the paper as the staples I was using were not that big, flipped it over and bent them down. I would suggest putting a piece of foamcore or thick cardboard under it if you dont have an extra mousepad. I am alllllll for saving money. lol

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, don't laugh. This is a disaster.

Paper: Die Cuts with a View
    Trim: Wal-Mart
    Staples: EK Success

The Fastenator is going to be fun to use once I figure out how to place it exactly where I want it. The angles are off. Of the 12 staples I used on this page, there are only 5 that ended up exactly where I wanted them. The other 7 are slightly off (okay, some more than slightly).

Last edited by Stitch; 02-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    Okay, don't laugh. This is a disaster.

Paper: Die Cuts with a View
    Trim: Wal-Mart
    Staples: EK Success

The Fastenator is going to be fun to use once I figure out how to place it exactly where I want it. The angles are off. Of the 12 staples I used on this page, there are only 5 that ended up exactly where I wanted them. The other 7 are slightly off (okay, some more than slightly).

This is the one you were complaining to me about on the phone?!?!? You really do need to get over yourself, it looks great!
    Last edited by Stitch; 02-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.

All the staples are crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    All the staples are crooked.

Yeah...so you are you...what's the point? Scrapbooking is an art form and everyone's eye is different. Thinks don't have to be cookie cutter perfect all the time (geez....I just had a very similar conversation with my 6 year old about an hour ago! )

Wow, your six year old has the brain power of a 4----, uh, 29 year old?

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    and you've been scrapping how long? Very cool layout.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    These pages scanned and stitched really bad b/c of the thickness of the pages. I used the staples to attach the ribbon I used to create handles on my mini album for all the extra pictures of DS on the rides.

Journaling reads: Grandma Mary really wanted to take you to Santa’s Village in East Dundee, but it didn’t open this year (due to financial problems). So, she took us to Kiddieland in Melrose Park instead. You loved all the rides you went on except the Tilt-a-Whirl and the Log Run. One of your favorite rides was the antique cars. You rode it three times: once with Grandma, once with Daddy and once with Mommy. You had such a good time through out the day that you fell asleep on the way home.

Cardstock and brads - unknown, letter stickers – Pixie Serif, Provo Craft, ribbon – American Craft Elements, font – CK Curly, Creating Keepsakes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TTC #4 – Staples-ttc-4-left.jpg   TTC #4 – Staples-ttc-4-right.jpg  
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Very cute Raelynn! I finished my staple page today, but I haven't taken the photo and uploaded it yet. Guess I can go do that now....

Here's mine of my boys with my Mom in the Hippy Dippy pool at POP Century

Supplies Used

cardstock: not sure of the brand
    Sticker: Frances Meyer, Inc
    embellishments: ribbon by Offray, Staples (Fastenaters) by EK Success, tag is by Stampin' Up and fiber is by Making Memories

Last edited by Stitch; 02-08-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    very cute melissa!!!! i want to get to scrapping!!! UGH i hate not being ambitious.
    yur boys are sooooo cute!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Okay, what I want to know is how did you get the printing on the tag just so-so. Did you run it through the printer and THEN cut the tag out? If I tried printing on a tag I wouldn't be able to get in on there straight if somebody offered me 25 billion trillion million dollars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast