Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Inspiration Gallery Discuss TTC #4 Staples in the Disney Scrapbooking forums; Welcome to the 4th task in the Tuesday Technique Challenge series. These challenges will push you to explore techniques and materials you may not normally use in your creations. Task ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

TTC #4 Staples

Welcome to the 4th task in the Tuesday Technique Challenge series.

These challenges will push you to explore techniques and materials you may not normally use in your creations.

Task for Tuesday Technique Challenge #4 is: Use staples on a layout or card.

Once an everyday office item, staples are now a big item in the scrapping world. You can buy them in the original silver or now in a variety of colors. Staples are great for making a pocket, attaching ribbon, or just add a little touch here and there.

Staples can even be dressed up!
    - Use Sharpie marker on a standard silver staple to give it some color
    - Take a staple out of the stapler, unbend one side, slide on 2 or 3 little beads, re-bend the edge, push through the paper into a mouse pad and push down the pieces in the back!

Stitchify! Use the stapled in a functional manor (imake a pocket, attach ribbon, attach a journaling block, etc).

For those of you that own a Fastenator, please feel free to use it instead of standard staples.

When you post your item here, please list the supplies that you used (brand of patterned paper, type of embellishments, etc), so if someone loves one of your ideas they can find the supplies to lift it.

End date for TTC #4 is October 3rd. And remember, you can combine challenges, so if you want to combine this with another challenge running, go right ahead!

Have fun and get those creative juices flowing!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I know somebody who has a Fastenator!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    oooohhhhh staples. now there is something i have not tried! do you suggest a "scrapbook" stapler, or does a regular stapler with colored staples work just as well??
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post

Who might that be??? Shall we try to meet up before Oct 4th?

Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    oooohhhhh staples. now there is something i have not tried! do you suggest a "scrapbook" stapler, or does a regular stapler with colored staples work just as well??
    I find a regular office stapler with silver staples is the best. Colored staples are pricey and the color tends to chip. Also any staples or staplers you buy at a scrapbook store will cost more than a Target or Staples store. And they have a shorter reach.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Goofygirl and I each have one...I've used it once, she hasn't used it all.

Time to break it out of the packages ladies!

I told you I am booked solid through September. HOWEVER, I do have Oct. 7 open. Did you ever contact that store in Toledo?

okay i will ask this one.... whats a fastenator??

It is a stapler used to attach the fancy, smancy bar type staples. You know, the ones with MICKEY on them!

yahoo! For once I know the answer to something!

A Fastenator is basically a stapler that EK Success makes, but it uses about 1/8 inch wide staples and you can get the staples with different words and shapes on them.

They even have Disney ones!
    http://www.eksuccess.com/products_de...c74087bb7d8854

There are two models - one that has a long reach and one that is more like a standard stapler. If you do not plan to put a staple in the middle of a 12x12 piece of paper there is really no need to spend the extra money on the long reach one (unless you have a coupon).

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    A Fastenator is basically a stapler that EK Success makes, but it uses about 1/8 inch wide staples and you can get the staples with different words and shapes on them.

They even have Disney ones!
    http://www.eksuccess.com/products_de...c74087bb7d8854

There are two models - one that has a long reach and one that is more like a standard stapler. If you do not plan to put a staple in the middle of a 12x12 piece of paper there is really no need to spend the extra money on the long reach one (unless you have a coupon).
    i was NOT aware of this!!! MAN!!! I need to go back to work fulltime to buy this stuff!!!! OMG i just looked at the disney staples... i have to have THIS!!!!! do they sell these at like acmoore/joanns/michaels???
    Last edited by Nenny_Mouse; 09-20-2006 at 10:22 AM. Reason: had to add more

i was NOT aware of this!!! MAN!!! I need to go back to work fulltime to buy this stuff!!!! OMG i just looked at the disney staples... i have to have THIS!!!!! do they sell these at like acmoore/joanns/michaels???
    I have seen them at AC Moores, though not the Disney bars. If you can't find the bars near you let me know, I have them at my store.

Here is a layout with the Fastenator...they are a little hard to see, but they are one the tags. One reads Disney and the other reads Adventure.

Last edited by Stitch; 02-08-2008 at 02:28 PM.

i was just looking at them online. i saw that joanns has the mickey head bar staples on sale for $3.49. not sure if thats in store or just online. i have GOT to get one of those!

My JoAnn's store has them, as does Melissa's, so chances are your's does as well!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    It is a stapler used to attach the fancy, smancy bar type staples. You know, the ones with MICKEY on them!

yahoo! For once I know the answer to something!

Only because I told you....

figmentfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    i was just looking at them online. i saw that joanns has the mickey head bar staples on sale for $3.49. not sure if thats in store or just online. i have GOT to get one of those!
    Cool find. I just bought the stapler today, but I needed the Mickey staple bars. Thanks!

A dream can be a dream come true, With just that spark in me and you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast