Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Newbie Here in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello All! Well, I've been browsing here for quite a few months now and finally decided to jump in. It must be the excitement building in preparation for my 8th ...
    arge517 is offline A-Ticket holder

Newbie Here

Hello All!
    Well, I've been browsing here for quite a few months now and finally decided to jump in. It must be the excitement building in preparation for my 8th trip (since 1976) to the World. This one will be xtra special b/c its the first one with our 15 mo. old daughter. I know many people have posted about 1st trips with little ones, but any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are most nervous about the 3 hour flight, but I just guess its because we don't know what to expect (the old....greatest fear of the unknown). This site is tremendous, I look forward to hearing from you and posting in the future!

Welcome to the DWT family! Just wait until you see the World through your little ones eyes, it will never be the same again! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask. I made the trip for the first time with my oldest when he was 2 and then we took our youngest for the first time when he was 8 months old! I'm sure you will have a great time!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    to DWT, sounds like a very exciting trip for you and your family, my only advice is just common sense stuff which I'm sure you already know and that is to not overdue anything. Plan light days and if you can fit more in - fine, If not, then just save for your next trip. Are you staying on property?? Do you know about baby swap?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the DWT family! Take a mid day break by the pool. Over at Fort Wilderness they do a camp fire program and have animals you can take your daughter to.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Welcome to the family.

Don't worry, I took my youngest when he was 18 months for his first trip and he loved it. I am a firm believer in the "take your own stroller" philosophy. That way baby can nap in what she is accustomed to (if she will nap in a stroller, mine always did.)
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for your replies. We are bringing our own stroller, although she is quite active for 15 mos., so napping will be back at the hotel. For this reason we're staying at the GF on the monorail. We know of the child swap, but my parents (aka Nana & Pop) are meeting us down there so there will always be someone to "swap" with when we need to. The last time we were there was in May of '04 so there will be some new attratctions that even Mom & Dad are excited to see. We're not familiar with Fort Wilderness, are the animals there in like a kind of petting zoo?

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Hello there and welcome to our ever growing family!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    welcome to DWT!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by arge517 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. We are bringing our own stroller, although she is quite active for 15 mos., so napping will be back at the hotel. For this reason we're staying at the GF on the monorail. We know of the child swap, but my parents (aka Nana & Pop) are meeting us down there so there will always be someone to "swap" with when we need to. The last time we were there was in May of '04 so there will be some new attratctions that even Mom & Dad are excited to see. We're not familiar with Fort Wilderness, are the animals there in like a kind of petting zoo?
    Fort Wilderness does have a small petting zoo that's free and they also offer pony rides for around $3.00. They also have hayrides that you can all go on for $8.00 for adult and $4.00 for children (not sure if they would charge for a 15 month old). Have fun
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Thanks for the tip GIO. That is something we wouldn't have thought about.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Welcome to the neighborhood. Hope all your fears of the unknown are for naught.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.