Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Just Wanted To Say "Hi" in the WDWRadio.com forums; My name is Samantha, and I'm 24 years old. I've been going to Disney World since I was 4 years old-my mom is a vet. nuerologist, and every year in ...
    DisneyGirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Just Wanted To Say "Hi"

My name is Samantha, and I'm 24 years old. I've been going to Disney World since I was 4 years old-my mom is a vet. nuerologist, and every year in January, she goes to the North American Veterinary Conference in Orlando. Sometimes, I get to go, and sometimes I have to stay home. But, this next year, I'll be back at Walt Disney World at the end of January with my fiance', Dan, while my mom goes to her meetings, and Dan and I will be spending 4/5 days at all 4 theme parks. My mom also wants to eat dinner one night at BOMA, the buffet restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's her favorite place to eat, out of all of the restaurants-mine too!!! Dan came with us on the last trip to Disney World in the same month, and when we ate at BOMA, he had a hard time walking out of there because he was so full, and I had a hard time fitting into my wheelchair (not really).

I was born with Apert Syndrome, a rare craniofacial syndrome that affects the bones of the skull, mid-face, hands and feet, requiring multiple surgeries. In 1999, I began having difficulty walking, which led to me being a wheelchair user. Today, I still use a wheelchair for the same reason, plus dealing with the scoliosis in my back getting pretty bad. I love going to Disney World every year when I can with my mom, and I love how they accommodate wheelchair users really well. Most theme parks that I've been to, won't do that. I am able to get out of my wheelchair for the rides that can't accommodate a wheelchair if someone is holding onto me, so I am able to do any ride imaginable.

I was a little nervous about coming on here, for fearing that I may be the only one with a disability, but I hope that it'll be OK.

Take Care, Samantha

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Samantha

You are most welcome here! We are very non-judgemental

I have had 3 surgeries myself for scoliosis.

to DWT.com (as we call it here). We have chats here every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00pm EST (GMT -5hours)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah

It's nice to meet you Samantha! Please do not be afraid of becoming part of our "internet family," because we accept people of all different types. I hope you continue to come to DWT and talk with us. I noticed that you said you are going to WDW with your fiance. Have you made any wedding plans yet?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome Samantha to our family!!! The great thing about Disney lovers is that we don't care about disabilities, race, ***, religion, etc. We love and welcome all people.

Glad you found us!

Todd
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

flutter is offline Moderator

Glad to have you here Samantha.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Samantha,

Let me personally welcome you as a member of our family here at DWT.

Thanks for telling us a little bit about your love of Disney, as well as for sharing your very personal information. As many other members have already stated, I created this site and forums as a place where any and everyone is welcome, (much like Walt wanted to do with his theme parks).

Please don't ever feel that any type of limitations should or ever will affect you here on the site. Everyone here is very friendly and welcoming as I'm sure you will find out very quickly.

If you ever have any questions or if there's anything I can ever do to help, please let me know or post a message here and I know some of our members would be quick to help!

Thanks again, and see you on the boards!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome. I was brought up in two kinds of worlds: one where I would be leading a normal, active life, and the other with having to deal with constant surgeries and hospital stays all over the state of California (well, the Bay Area, anyway). It was hard trying to fit in, with my syndrome as a child, but today, things are a little bit better.

Anyway, I had a question about wondering where I could see some really good ride videos. I've looked at the ones from "All Ears Net", "The DIS", and I found out that this one has some good ones too. But, the one I'm looking for in particular, is "It's A Small World". Does anyone know where I can find a good ride video from there???

Thanks, Samantha

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Samantha,

I think I have a full ride-through of IASW at home... I'll try an post it for you later on!
    Lou Mongello

I just uploaded the IASW video to our downloads section. This is a relatively small video (about 11 MB). I have two others of much better quality, but they are about 180 MB each.
    Lou Mongello

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great video... makes me wonder how different the new ride is going to be....

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Welcome DisneyGirl! We are very happy to have you here and would love to see you tonight (Tuesday) at our chat. We start at 9:00 ET.

Like TiggerGuy said, we are very non judgmental. Good thing too, or I would have been kicked out a long time ago. It seems I am the resident smart aleck . Welcome aboard! and congratulations on your pending nuptials!

Trust me... if the people here were judgmental, I would have been hung out to dry the first time they heard me sing
    Lou Mongello

Is There A Link To The Ride Video??

Lou, I can't seem to find the ride video to "It's A Small World". in the downloads section. Is there a specific way to get to it???

Thanks, Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGirl
    Lou, I can't seem to find the ride video to "It's A Small World". in the downloads section. Is there a specific way to get to it???

Thanks, Samantha
    Samantha,

it's right above the JII link. Are you clicking the Downloads link at the top of the page? Let me know if you still can't find it
    Lou Mongello

I found it, but it won't let me play the video. I only hear the sound from the video coming from it.

Samantha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast