Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss New from Oklahoma! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hey, I just recently got back from my first trip to Disney World. I went with a few friends and we had the time of our life! We visited Magic ...
    malory is offline A-Ticket holder

New from Oklahoma!

Hey, I just recently got back from my first trip to Disney World. I went with a few friends and we had the time of our life! We visited Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot (we also visited Universal and Islands of Adventure) in just 3 days! It was very tiresome, but lots of fun. We packed up and left for Flordia the day after finals. It was def. some motivation to get through finals/dead week. It was so amazing! I hope to go back soon!

I'm going to be a sophomore in college next semester at the University of Central Oklahoma. I have always been a huge Disney fan, and my favorite Disney movie has always been The Little Mermaid. In fact, when we discovered that the line to see Ariel was over an hour long, I refused to do anything but wait to see her. This was my first time in Walt Disney World and by gosh I was going to see Ariel if I had to wait all day! Needless to say the wait was worth it. She was my favorite real-life character and made my whole day. I bought an autograph book and had all the characters sign it. It was a great vacation! First one without the parents, too!

I'm not sure what I want to study in school, but I am involved in the Student Government UCOSA, serving as the Deputy Speaker of the House. I'm also a member of the Sorority Sigma Kappa, and next semester I am part of the Freshman Follies EXEC team and Orientation Leaders. Needless to say, I have a busy semester in front of me, but I plan to audition to be a character with the College Program. You see, it is one of my dreams to become and actual Disney Princess (or character performer, "fuzzy" character or even just to work at the park.) I have lots of goals for my life, such as to travel route 66, eat the 72 oz steak in Amarillo, write a book, have a talk radio show, fly first class, get married and own a jeep and a golden retriever! Hey, I'm only 18, what's stopping me?

Anyway, enough about me, I just wanted to share a story from Animal Kingdom.
    When we were waiting outside the gates to get in, the talking palm tree started to conversate with us, and was being very charming and sweet, calling us Princesses and singing for us. When all of a sudden it asked us for a hug and we obliged. It turned to one of our guy friends that had come with us and he was wearing a Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity shirt, and it asked him for a hug (he was recording this whole thing) He hugged the tree and then all of a sudden the tree said "That's right brothers don't shake hands, brothers hug" which made us girls think that the palm tree was a fellow Pi Kappa Alpha!!! (He had met at least 3 pikes before this encounter on our last day) We don't know if he was for sure, but it was really cool to think so!

Well now that I've typed my life's story, I'll go back to searching through the boards! Adios!

Malory
    Last edited by malory; 06-01-2007 at 12:57 AM.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Hello and welcome to our DWT Family!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to DWT we chat every tuesday and thursday at 9pm est

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Welcome to this crazy family! I love your story about Animal Kingdom.

Good luck next semester and have fun! (Don't forget to study somewhere in there--BTW, I'm a college instructor--gotta say that!)

Thanks guys!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Welcome to the neighborhood. You have a busy schedule, but I hope you'll come back to our little world to converse as often as you can. I've never seen the talking tree. I'll have to check that out in Dec. when I return "home" for a bit of R&R.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Welcome to DWT! Now home to 20,000+ members!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DisneyWorldTrivia.com

malory

Hope you have a great time here!

Come join our chats every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00pm eastern
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Mallory to our DWT family, happy you could join us!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Welcome to the boards!! I hope you find some great sanity and memories around the boards mixed in with some insantiy posts! hehehe Have a blast here!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

WV_Jayola is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi there...I'm new, too! Sounds like you guys had a blast at the World! I can't wait to go back in September! 10 days this time!

jeff.

flutter is offline Moderator
    Welcome to DWT

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT. I believe one of my nieces attends the same school you do.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Really? That's neat! What year is she?