Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Disney vs Harry Potter in the WDWRadio.com forums; I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as I, but my problem has caused me some stress. The day we arrive at WDW the final Harry Potter ...
    NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(

Disney vs Harry Potter

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as I, but my problem has caused me some stress. The day we arrive at WDW the final Harry Potter book comes out. I have been an avid fan of Harry from the beginning. Anyhow, my husband refuses to let me take the book on vacation with me. He has visions of me saying something along the lines of "You guys go the pool, I'll stay here and read" or "You guys go the Magic Kingdom, I'll stay here and read." The sad part is, I would probably do that, though I would be done with the book within a day...

So, I have been forced to order the book and it will be at home when I arrive back. Now, I would choose Disney over anything any day, but I will be so po'd if I over hear anyone in any lines talking about how the book ends. Any one else facing the same situation?

At least I am home, the opening night of the next movie. I know, I am a lost cause.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Doesn't the UK in EPCOT sell the Harry Potter books?? If it was me, I'd get the book down there somehow and read it while you wait in line. You'll be there during the busy season and will definately be waiting for rides and shows. You can always take it to the pool and read a little before bed. Heck, if you don't get car sick read on the bus. Plus, you'll have it to read on the plane ride home.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oohhh! That's a tough one!

Seriously, I'm a huge HP fan (went to the midnight release for the last three books). I'll be first in line for my copy of HP & tDH. Will start reading as soon as I get home (around 12:15) and will have it read in a single day. I have my theories but hope that JKR has a few surprises in store for me...she usually does.

If it were me, I'd have the book with me at WDW, read it will relaxing the first day and be a happy camper. WDW and HP - it doesn't get any better than that!!

Then again, I'm single.

I don't know how you're going to avoid hearing anything about the book - it's gonna be huge.