Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Aussie Newbie in the WDWRadio.com forums; Originally Posted by mini-V 1. Have a good time. 2. Read through all the park maps. Then go to each park to experience what's there, and then do the things ...
    Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    1. Have a good time.
    2. Read through all the park maps. Then go to each park to experience what's there, and then do the things that really interest you first. After that, take in a few things that you might not think may interest you just to widen your horizons. You may surprise yourself.
    3. Keep posting here so we know how things are going and if and when we may have a chance to meet you.
    Thanks for your input!

I intend to do exactly as you say! I've already started a collection of Disney literature (I already have the Unofficial Guide to and Lou's books shall be arriving soon!) and am reading up as much as I can, for both personal pleasure and to help with my Program.

As for trying things to widen my horizons, I'm definately one for doing that. At the themeparks here in Australia, I'm often the one of the family who will go on rides just to experience... Although, I did chicken out on Leathal Weapon. I should go back and conquer it sometime!

Hope to keep in contact with you all via the forums.

Have a good day!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ted to our DWT family
    on your new assignment at WDW. I guess everyone will have a different opinion about what are "must do's" at WDW, it's a tough question because I think just about everything is a "must do" but I think I would go to the Magic Kingdom first and work my way through that park. Being that it's your first time I would also suggest the Birnbaum Walt Disney World Book and I also like the Passporter (the spiral edition is great). Good Luck and let us know what your first impressions are.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the "Happiest Forums on Earth"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Flint View Post
    Thanks for your input!

I intend to do exactly as you say! I've already started a collection of Disney literature (I already have the Unofficial Guide to and Lou's books shall be arriving soon!) and am reading up as much as I can, for both personal pleasure and to help with my Program.

As for trying things to widen my horizons, I'm definitely one for doing that. At the theme parks here in Australia, I'm often the one of the family who will go on rides just to experience... Although, I did chicken out on Lethal Weapon. I should go back and conquer it sometime!

Hope to keep in contact with you all via the forums.

Have a good day!
    I lived in Australia from '84-'87 but I don't think I ever went to any amusement parks there. Where are the best ones located?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I lived in Australia from '84-'87 but I don't think I ever went to any amusement parks there. Where are the best ones located?
    Gold Coast (Queensland) is where most of the major themeparks are located- Warner Bros. Movie World, Wet 'n' Wild, Sea World, Dreamworld. There are also a a few other smaller parks about there, too. There used to be Wonderland in Sydney, but it closed in 2004.

Ofcourse, there is Australia's "Smile-iest" Theme Park- Luna Park!

That's a rough guide to themeparks in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    ... I guess everyone will have a different opinion about what are "must do's" at WDW, it's a tough question because I think just about everything is a "must do" but I think I would go to the Magic Kingdom first and work my way through that park...
    Curious you should mention that- I read somewhere a recommendation to see EPCOT first- as its the most educational and least prominent of the parks. But I think this was said with small children in mind who, after having seen the Magic Kingdom first, expected a similar-style park everywhere they went.

From what I've read so far, this is a list of attractions and things I'd like to do (in no real order!)-

World Showcase- I want to go around the world in less than 80 days!
    Expedition Everest- I saw a segment from a History Channel documentary that showed its construction and I thought, "Woah!
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Carribean- "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!"
    The Nemo Musical... and infact, any musical that Disney offers- I have a penchant for musicals, both Disney and others.
    La Nouba (BIG cirque fan)
    Disney Quest- while there isn't so much information on it as the ThemeParks, it seems really cool.
    It's A Small World- what can I say, its iconic!
    The Great Movie Ride- *drool*
    MuppetVision 3D
    I want my picture taken at- Cinderella Castle, Tree of Life, The Geo-Dome, The Sorcerer's Hat, at each World Showcase location and of course, with Mr Mickey Mouse!
    Also, food food food!

Curiously, I have a strong urge (from which I attribute to Lou!) to go and look at the smaller details in WDW- and savour them.

Well, I'm back from my trip! What an amazing time! When people ask me what I thought of it, the best way to sum it up was that I never wanted to leave.

I enjoyed so many things there, but what I will always cherish most are the Guests. I met so many wonderful Guests and enjoyed spending time with them, yet its sad knowing that I'll never meet them again.

In essence, I made magic over at Innoventions. If you were in the parks anytime between Nov 07 and Feb 08, you may have found me at Forests for Our Future, Test the Limits, The Great American Farm, The VISA Magical Memories Club, Epcot Character Connection, the main Tip Board and also over at Illuminations. If by any chance, you met an Aussie named Ben over at Epcot during those times, please contact me- I miss my Guests.

Also, looking at the list I made above, I think I pretty well much conquered it! yeah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12