Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss New Member in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi: I'm Myron; a Disney fan for over 50 years. I enjoy visiting the theme parks and will usually have questions about changes that are made since opening of the ...
    Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hi: I'm Myron; a Disney fan for over 50 years. I enjoy visiting the theme parks and will usually have questions about changes that are made since opening of the parks. I first visited Disney rides at the New York 1964-65 World's Fair and have been "hooked" ever since!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Welcome to the site Myron! We are happy to have a Disney Veteran join the site and look forward to seeing you around the board.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    to the DWT.com Family!!!!! I hope to see you around here often. We chat on tues and thurs at 9pm EST. Hope you can join us!!!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Myron,

WELCOME to the "family"! We're happy to have you here, and would love to hear about some of the things you saw back at the World's Fair! (e.g. it's a small world, etc.)

Enjoy!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Myron is offline B-Ticket Holder

Won't be able to Chat!

Sorry, I rent a PC at the cafe, so I can't download certain film clips, I can't print, put photos on the site, or chat. I vividly remember the 1964 World's Fair. The lines were long and almost everything was free. While on line for "Progressland" once,the line suddenly stopped. We were told that Uncle Walt himself was getting a private tour of the "Carousel of Progress". I even felt the host, John, ressembled Mr. Disney himself. As far as "It's A Small World", it cost 95 cents to ride; the money going to Unicef. I was a student and often couldn't spare the change. I did ride several times; it was more colorful and brighter than either at Disneyland or WDW. The colors were so bright; you almost had to wear sunglasses! It had a tower called the "Tower of the Four Winds"; which looked like pinwheels. The Ford ride, called the "Magic Skyway" put you into convertibles and you saw dinosaurs; like "Primeval World". They even had the heat and humidity. It showed man inventing the wheel. Then, you saw the city of the future. When disembarking, you were asked which state you are from and the attendant gave you a free, glow-in-the-dark pin to wear. Each time, I gave a different state. I still have those pins somewhere in my collection. There was no video then and I've only seen black and white photos. My memories are vivid. The Fair cost $1.50, but many attractions had long lines. Fireworks and dancing waters daily at 9:00 but there were no parades that I can remember.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Welcome aboard, Myron!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    That is an awesome story Myron! Thank you so much for sharing!