Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hi!!! And Welcome to the site!!! in the WDWRadio.com forums; A number of members asked me about adding a forum like this (thanks for the suggestion!)... So, I guess it's up to me to get this new forum and thread ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Smile Hi!!! And Welcome to the site!!!

A number of members asked me about adding a forum like this (thanks for the suggestion!)...

So, I guess it's up to me to get this new forum and thread going, so here goes...

My name is Louis Mongello, and I have been fascinated by Walt Disney World throughout my almost 50 visits. My first trip was in Novermber, 1971 when I was just three years old. During those trips, I tried to learn everything I could about the history, secrets and inner workings of the resort. I am an attorney and also own and run an information technology consulting and web development company.

I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology from Villanova University and a Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law. I served as law clerk to the Presiding Judge of the largest vicinage in the nation, and practiced law actively for 9 years. In 1995, I formed Imagine Enterprises, a computer consulting and web development firm.

Prior to writing the Walt Disney World Trivia Book, in 1990, I wrote, edited, self-published and marketed two editions and printings of "The DJ Handbook: A Complete Manual for the Beginning and Expert DJ."

Having been a reference source for friends and family planning trips to Walt Disney World for a number of years, I thought I should do something with all of the "useless knowledge" I had accumulated about his favorite vacation destination. So, the idea for the book was formulated out of personal interest in some of the lesser-known facts about the parks, general Walt Disney World trivia, and the "magic" that drives tens of millions adults and children on recurring pilgrimages to the resort.

Throughout my ongoing research into this project, I added to my large collection of Walt Disney World memorabilia, including rare documents outlining Walt Disney's original plans for his Florida project, dozens of books and articles about the parks, and materials only available to Walt Disney World Cast Members. Having spent countless hours pouring over text, video and images of Walt Disney World from construction to the present day, old property maps, and information about attractions which no longer exist, I continue to be fascinated by Walt Disney World trivia.

My other interests include computers, travel, martial arts training, poker, and running the DisneyWorldTrivia.com web site. I currently live in Edison, New Jersey, with my wife Deanna and daughter Marion Rose, who coincidentally was born on Mickey Mouse’s 75th birthday.:mickey:

(OK, I cheated a little, since much of this came from my Bio on the main site , but you get the idea!!!)

Now it's up to you!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Hi my name is Marcie and I a DIsneyahilc. My first trip to Disney was in 1977. I have been there 5 more times since and Have done DCL 2 times. I live in Indiana and I didn't know there were so many folks like me till we got a computer and I found Passporter's Message Boards, Were I am a guide now.

Thanks Lou for giving me another palce to visit when I get down because I can't be in WDW.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Hi my name is Brian. My first visit to Disney was back in March of 1990, and I have been back every year since. I visited the "World" twice in 1997.

In 2000 and 2001 in addition to my WDW trips I visited the original park twice each year, the last being in late Sept. 2001.

I am pretty good at Disney trivia in general, but a little weak at park trivia, even with all my visits! I have been playing trivia games every Tuesday night for the past 9 years on Compuserve and recently started posting in the trivia forum on magictrips.

I found this forum late last month and so far I am liking it, especially with the recent upgrade to the looks. I am looking forward to the book coming out.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

princessara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    hi i'm sara. tiggerguy introduced me to this site and i thought would join. my first trip to WDW was in 1986 when i was 7 and i've been there 4 other times my latest was this past october for my birthday . i enjoy disney trivia in fact when my friends or family want to know something concerning disney i'm the one they come to.
    ttfn ta ta for now

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    aloha everyone! My names Marie and I have Loved Disney since sitting on the floor at my Uncle Leo's house and watching the wonderful world of disney in color way way back! My family thought that vacations had to be educational - so we never got to go to Disneyland or world when I was growing up . However I met my prince Charming and after 12 years of marriage we finally went on a family vacation to WDW! We were hooked- we have been back every year since(except last year - we renewed our vows on the beach in Maui for our belated 25th anniversary!). This year will be our first visit without the kids and we will be at the Poly for the first time as well. I'm not as good a you guys are at Disney trivia, but I was good enought to get into the hot seat at Who wants to be a Millionaire at MGM studios a couple of years ago ( made it to 250K! ) I'm looking forward to posting on the forum here and havin' some fun

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Just want to welcome all of you once again to the site.

I sincerely appeciate having you all here, as well as your continuing contributions to our growing community. We have a great, friendly, and knowledgable group here, and I want to thank you all for helping make the site successful.

I enjoy hearing your stories of how you first came to WDW, and how the love for the place has increased over time. Nice to see I'm not the only one out there!

As always, have fun, and enjoy the forums! (and look for tons of new trivia coming... well, very soon... to the main site) I'm working until 3 a.m. on the site most nights, so I'm trying my best
    Lou Mongello

CELEBRATE is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love this board and hope to spend some time here learning and sharing Disney information.
    Mickey's Min

ABCmom is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

Hello - I am Cathy. I first visited WDW when I was 3 yo, in it's opening year with my Grandparents. I have been about 7 times since. I followed a link here from the DIS.
    I am a mother of three and a substitute teacher. We try to make it to WDW about every three years and our next trip (hopefully) will be next June (05)

Welcome again to our newest members... Happy you are enjoying the forums so far, and share everyone's affinity for the "Vacation Kingdom of the World" (remember when it was called that in the late 70's)
    Lou Mongello

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Hi all...
    Certified Disney Addict here: I have my 'ducktorate' to prove it ;)

Been to WDW more times than I can remember (well, about 10 or so)

I just graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science, and a minor in theater, and hope to eventually get into creating themed entertainment.

-Sam

Last edited by Sam I Am; 04-22-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    welcome Sam! now pass the Ham!
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hi...I'm Todd.....I'm a Disneyholic. But I don't want to recover from my addiction so I'm not admitting I have a problem.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

We have a great 12-Step program here...

The first step is to fly me down to WDW for an intervenion. It will take about 14 days and require intense visiting of the parks, restaurants, etc.

Oh, and a concierge room at the Contemporary would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBreakey
    Hi...I'm Todd.....I'm a Disneyholic. But I don't want to recover from my addiction so I'm not admitting I have a problem.
    Lou Mongello

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's the kind of 12 step program I could get behind!!!!!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

We may all have to be involved in this intervention. Todd, you better go ahead and plan for a real "Magical Gathering" and pickup about 50 Annual Passes!!! (and somthing safe to keep those flimsy things in!)
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast