Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello from Baltimore, MD! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi, everyone! I've been listening to WDW Radio since end of summer 2007. My friend "Disneyfreek" raved about the quality of Lou's show, so I had to check it out. ...
    willful is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hello from Baltimore, MD!

Hi, everyone! I've been listening to WDW Radio since end of summer 2007. My friend "Disneyfreek" raved about the quality of Lou's show, so I had to check it out. I'm glad I did because I really enjoy hearing Lou's love for Disney...and all he does for Disney fans everyone...it's great!

I...along with my best friend/wife...host The Magic Never Ends Podcast, where we act silly (joking around with each other), discuss our love for Disney (parks, Channel, music, movies) and I talk about my obsessive Disney planning.

Shannon's a Nurse Practitioner working in a Baltimore City ER. And I work as a applications developer engineer.

I love sports! Especially football...and participate in several fantasy football leagues (probably too many)...and even Shannon has participated in one the leagues. She's actually quite good.

We started off going to WDW only once a year starting in 2002 as part of a land/sea vacation...and it kinda was a "whatever" vacation. We didn't think much of it. But were bit HARD by the Disney bug. I loved the total immersion of WDW!! In 2005, we purchased into DVC and that was SUCH a great decision. Then we started going more frequently...3 times in 2006...4 times in 2007...so we decided to purchase more DVC points at the end of last year because we always borrowing into the next use year. We've already have 3 WDW vacations planned...as well as a cruise (our first since 2002)...hopefully we can get to Mousefest (as we've never been)...and most exciting is going to the DPN's Westfest 2008 and our first trip to Disneyland!!

This is our year to go on Disney vacations because Shannon just finished grad school last May...and finally got all settled into being a NP...and we're thinking of starting a family soon... So now seemed like a good time to go to DL...keep going to WDW (1 trip is for a medical conference)...and go on a cruise. We hope to continue to travel after we have a child, but we know life will change as well.

Sorry if I babbled on a bit.
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Hello and welcome to our DWT Family!!

And no need to say 'sorry for babbling' here!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Welcome to the DWT family! Ditto what Rich said. There is absolutely no need for the "sorry for babbling" that is what we're here for! See ya 'round the boards!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Welcome! I'm a former "Baltimoran", soon to be Floridian. We had season tickets for the Ravens, and still watch all the "purple" teams in the NFL since I grew up in MN.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hello from another Baltimorean! (Can't say I'm a Baltimoron since I'm not a native).

Don't worry...Life doesn't need to change all that much with kids. We still have our crazy schedule, now just with 2 kids in tow. My kids at 7 and 5 have seen and done more than most people probably do in a lifetime.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    DWT is home to 26,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, Will! Enjoy your trip!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Welcome! Someone from my area! WOOHOO!!!!!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Welcome.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Welcome Aboard, Willful! Thanks for sharing a bit about your and Shannon, it's nice to know a bit about you guys and your love of all things Disney. I'll have to check out your podcast.

I see by your signature you will be at Disneyland next week! You are going to enjoy Disneyland, it has it's own special magic (though, I'm a bit partial being from Los Angeles and going to DL since the week it opened in 1955). We will be at DL on May 3 for last weekend of F&W Festival and my early mother's day trip. We had no clue it was WestFest weekend.

Maybe we'll see you around the parks!
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

[quote=cjborne2;647933]Hello from another Baltimorean! (Can't say I'm a Baltimoron since I'm not a native). quote]
    Oh, well then I'll have to change my description as well since I'm not a native either.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Welcome!!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Kewl! Thanks, Rich and Elyse. Shannon always jokes that I babble on...LOL...but it's nice to know I'm in a babble safe zone.

mini-V...wow! I hope to have season tix for the Ravens one day...but I do enjoy watching NFL on TV or going out with friends to a local sports bar. We've thought about moving to Florida but I think I'd miss Baltimore too much...I love the life up here...and my Ravens/Terps...and O's (sometimes...they need a new owner). What made you move? PS: love your sig quote

cjborne2 we're all Baltimorons...lol...actually I'm not a native Baltimorean either...I grew up in Montgomery County (in between Baltimore and D.C.) and my wife grew up in Prince George's County (which is a bit closer to D.C.). She moved to the Baltimore area while going to nursing school at Villa Julie College. We enjoyed the area so much (and convenence to Baltimore City) that we stayed there.

I think I'm thinking how life will change with a newborn...my friends that have had a kid agree that the first 2 months are difficult. But I'm confident my wife and I can handle it. We've seen our share of challenges thus far and have done well. It's always helped that we have been friends first. And we plan on taking our children all over the place. Neither of us travel much as children...and we've been making up for that as adults. Our plan as parents is to expose our children to all things...and most definitely WDW and DL. WOO HOO! So that's awesome that you've exposed your children to so much! Makes them more well-rounded people.

Adam - LOVE your Mickey sig images...especially the Sorcerer Mickey. Thanks for the welcome...we can't wait for our FIRST Disneyland trip!!!! Hearing Lou talk about his just got us EVEN MORE excited!!!

Sarah - yeah! You're close to us! We actually live in White Marsh. Since no one really knows where that is, I tend to say Baltimore because we're only about 15 minutes North of Baltimore City. We actually have a friend that used to live up in Bel Air...and her parents are still there now.

Nancy Ann - We're SUPER DUPER EXCITED to finally go to Disneyland! We didn't think we'd be able to go this year. It's so much easier (and cheaper) for us to go to WDW. Westfest is the west coast community gathering for The Disney Podcast Network (DPN) where Disney fans from all over the world gather for 2 days of fun and excitement in Disneyland and DCA. It's similar to Mousefest just at Disneyland. Check out DPNWestfest.com for more details. That's so kewl you'll be there as well! Hopefully we'll run into you...if you check out the site you'll know pretty much where will be.

We didn't know 'til recently that it also was F&W Festival so that's even more exciting. We were looking over the menu offerings and it sounds soooo yummy. We haven't been lucky to make it to WDW's Food and Wine Festival so I'm glad we can check out DL's version.

We hope you enjoy our podcast...it's just us being silly and having fun talking Disney...but then who doesn't have fun talking about Disney, right?

Thanks, Keasmom and Jiminy Cricket!!

joanna71985 - Neat character site! We love getting pictures with the characters as well.

I've been having fun here...so thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome. You're awesome!!
    Last edited by willful; 04-22-2008 at 12:06 PM.
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

We have done a lot of traveling over the years due to DH's job. Retirement will finally will be able to stay in one place for a long, long time.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome to DWT willfu! Great to have another podcast host here!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast