Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss I'm new here in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi: Just thought I'd introduce myself. My four daughters and I go to Disney annually -- although now they are 24, 18 and 13 year old twins, so there have ...
    peterpan1106 is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm new here

Hi:

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My four daughters and I go to Disney annually -- although now they are 24, 18 and 13 year old twins, so there have been times when we are at least one short -- the eldest will rejoin the group in April (she hasn't been since high school graduation in 1999) and the middle daughter will miss this year.

I also am taking my handicapped (she has Cerebral palsy and now travels by electric cart -- she also has a mental disability but Disney is her passion) aunt, Mickey, who will celebrate her birthday at Disney World -- in May. She and Mickey were born in the same year. I'm hoping to make this a special trip for her but have never done DW with two people in electric wheelchairs, so this will be a very different experience from my daughters "Kamakaze Disney" or "How Many Parks can we visit in one day" Disney trips.

Any advice and tips would be very greatly appreciated. She wants to pay for her own trip and she is on a budget, so I'm planning on booking Pop Century. I will visit Guest Services and get her birthday buttons.

Looking forward to my Disney vacations this year!

Polly

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT!!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Polly,

Hi, and to the fourms!!!

Nice to meet a fellow WDW fan (and Peter pan fan as well!!) Like you, we used to go "Commando-Style", until I had my daughter, so I can understand (on a much different scale, of course), how your next trip will be a different experience.

I have also been with family members, both of whom rented electric scooters. It idnd't diminish our experience at all (and actually gave us a great place to store souvenirs)

Pop Century is a great resort for the budget-conscious, and offers a wonderful themed experience. There's also plennty of money saving tips you canlike find here. Also check out some of our articles in the Articles section of the site.

Any help I or the other members can give, just let us know! Hey, when in May are you going? (I'll be there from the 5th-9th)... plus, you get to experience all the great 50th Annicersary celebration festivities!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    to the DWT.com Family! I hope you have a wonderful time here. If I can be of any help you just let me know!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!
    Back to Disney for Super Soap Weekend!

Hi Lou:

Afraid you have a retired actress and former Peter Pan as one of your newest members -- the nickname just kind of stuck since I played it five times on stage.

I think with my mother and aunt it will give it a whole different experience -- we won't center on quantity and we definitely will focus on my aunt and see it through "Mickey's" eyes -- yep, she was born the same year as the mouse and she is named Mickey!

Glad to hear about Pop Century -- we drove by it last fall and it looked very nice. We're going on the 12th of May. I figured I needed a month to recover from the trip with the girls and they weren't amused about my missing Mother's Day with them. My brother has signed on to help out, so I'm feeling much better about handling it. It will be Mickey's birthday, so I'm hoping to give her one to remember.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to the boards, Polly!

What a wonderful gift to give your aunt! I'm sure it will be magical, coming from such a thoughtful person!

We have quite a few DWT members going to be in WDW the same time you're going, myself included! I'm currently booked at Pop Century also, though I may change it to Port Orleans if a discount comes out (Nothing against Pop Century, I just love Port Orleans French Quarter!). Check out our Meet in May thread:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=1561

If you haven't already, you might check out AllEarsNet.com. They have a section about Disney World with special needs: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/special.htm. You may find some helpful information there.

When you say you played Peter Pan on stage - what kind of productions???? Sounds exciting!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Hi Pat:

Thanks for the welcome! I have looked at AllEars and I'm currently checking into renting carts for both my aunt and mother and having them delivered to the hotel. This truly is a budget trip for them, so I think Mickey might like Pop Century.

I did indeed do JM Barrie's "Peter Pan" on stage and played Peter. The first time I was 17 and had to learn to 'fly' as well as fence. I then went to college but was asked to repeat it for the next five years as they continued to do it as a "Christmas Classic". I was lucky enough to have the same Captain Hook and Wendy each time (although many of the other parts changed hands) and as I matured, I think I made the part my own. It was indeed something that started a life-long love of the play and an interest in Barrie. I was thrilled when "Finding Neverland" came out -- and yes, Peter is almost always played by a woman. I did the musical once -- but I really enjoyed the language of the play far better.

I will check out Meet in May -- and I have never been to Port Orleans -- I think it may be the only Disney resort I have not stayed at!