Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss RE-Introducing myself... it's been a while. in the WDWRadio.com forums; Ok, ok, I know I'm by no means a new member, but I have been kind of slack about posting lately (as in I think that the few posts I've ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

RE-Introducing myself... it's been a while.

Ok, ok, I know I'm by no means a new member, but I have been kind of slack about posting lately (as in I think that the few posts I've made in the last two days were the first thing I posted in several months), so it occurs to me that the new DWT members and visitors might not know me, and the DWT veterans might have been wonder where I went. So here I am... again.

I'm Don, aka MainStreet, USA (named for what is quite possibly my favorite place in my favorite park). I'm a legally certifiable Disney nut, and an Annual Passholder since January 2005. I found this site quite by accident while searching for more information on PUSH the talking trash can in Tomorrowland 3+ years ago, and was immediately fascinated by the site, by the other members, and of course, by our fearless leader Lou's seemingly endless knowledge of the 'World'. I'm a year out of college, a commercial pilot and flight instructor by trade, but working my butt off in the kitchen of my local Chili's at the moment trying to make ends meet (if anyone's looking for a flight instructor, I'm all ears .) I call Connecticut my home, as it's where I'm from and the place I yearn to be, but I'm currently living in Daytona Beach, Florida, and as far as I'm concerned, the only good thing about being down here is that I'm only an hour and a half from WDW and able to day-trip to visit my main mouse Mickey every couple of weeks.

Now that I've introduced myself to the new folks, for all the old-timers here who wondered where I'd disappeared to, here's a catch-up.

For the most part, it was just real-life that got in the way of my online-life (online life... why does that sound so humorous?). Between working one job full time, finishing flight instructor courses at school, and now applying for another job, I've just been drained both physically and mentally and haven't felt much like playing online. I've also been working on a book since last summer (books, actually... plural, as I'm thinking 'series' with this story idea), for those of you who remember my interest in writing, and that has also been occupying a good amount of what little free time I've had. I've gotten really into this project... I think it's a good one, and I'm real excited about it so far.

So that's why I haven't been chatting it up on the forums in recent months. But by no means does that imply I've not been keeping up with my Disney obsession. I still venture over to the world every few weeks on average. I renewed my Premium Annual Pass this past January, just like clockwork, and am determined to get my money's worth out of it, and then some (my goal is to make the Disney Co. rethink the wisdom of 'unlimited' theme park access and free parking all in one, hehehe... ). I've also been keeping up with Lou's WDW Radio show each week, and popping in to lurk in the forums here and just do a bit of casual reading to keep up on my Disney gossip and see what some of y'all (<-- see, I'm slowly becoming a Southerner) been up to.

Oh yeah... another semi-major change that has occurred in recent months, the "I'm in love with a Cast Member!" line from my signature has disappeared. The reason being my CM gf and I broke things off in Feb after 4 good years together. It was sad at first, but probably for the better, and I'm doing ok about it. But you know what that means, right?

Ladies... S/W/M, 24, enjoys long sunrise walks around the Seven Seas Lagoon, and can sing all the words to the Main Street Trolley Parade. Boy, don't I sound like a keeper?

Anyway, enough of that foolishness ("What foolishness would you like to see?" ). So that's my recent life in a nutshell... and no, I don't live in a nutshell (although I bet the rent on one of those is cheaper than what I'm paying now). Here's to hoping that I can get some of my life back in order here soon and find lots more time to waste online with the likes of you fellow Disney-philes here at Disney World Trivia.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Don, Welcome back!
    You've been missed. In 25 days we'll have ample opportunity to meet since I become a real resident of FL and I too am an annual passholder for the very first time (thanks, dd for the Mother's Day/Birthday present). Looking forward to catching up with you in WDW once the dust settles from our move.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've missed your pictures!
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

peanut is offline NOOTS!
    Hi there! Nice to "meet" you. Daytona Beach, huh? I'll bet you just LOVE it when the 500 rolls through.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Welcome back, Don!!! Great to see you again!!!

(and yes, Ladies... I've met Don a number of times before... go get him before someone else does! He's a great guy!)

Hope to see you in WDW again soon, buddy!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Welcome home, Don!!!!!!! I look forward to your great stories from your day trips to our favorite destination...........
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Welcome Back Don! Glad you are back and can post Hope you have fun!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Cool

Hi - My name is Craig, er, Rocketeer, and I've also been recently overwhelmed with LIFE. Living It Fully, Everyday. Or as I've said on one too many occasion, I've got too many forks in my fondue pot of life.

Thanks, Don, for the recap and update! I too have only been around these parts rarely in 2008. Between a hectic career including some business travel, moderating a professional forum, and raising my daughter, Mr. Disney (for the time being anyway) has had to wait in the wings. The good news is that I DID get a day at Our World in January [albeit during a not-always-relaxing business trip].

And you've been doing some writing, huh? Perhaps some ghost writing on Lou's 3rd volume? Hmm...??

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hey guys! Thanks for checking in - those of us who "knew you when..." have missed you.

Now, to find a single female worthy of Don....
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Hey I am a single female!!! hehe!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Yippee, Don has returned. Let the discourse flow. Have really missed your informed and interesting posts. Welcome back.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Hello and Welcome back!! It is great to see that you have returned and your fantastic photos of everyones favorite place have truely been missed! Glad to hear you finished up school and I wish nothing but the best for you not only with the pilot thing but with the ladies as well! Have a great day!

~Stacy
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    Hey I am a single female!!! hehe!
    here ya go....Don meet Sarah, Sarah Don....watch out for the pygmy though

Welcome home Don....don't be a stranger now

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Don, Welcome back

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I am quite giddy to read this, I must say.
    I'm glad I asked Dusty about you and got my answer straight from the horse's mouth!!!

Thrilled to see you back among us and looking forward to some reviews of attractions I have yet to see, and many, many spectacular photos.

Welcome home, Don.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast