Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Originally Posted by sillygurl For a wedding beginning before 2:00pm, the minimum expenditure is only $7,500, which, when you think about it, you would spend anyway, right? Weird place for ...
    bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by sillygurl
    For a wedding beginning before 2:00pm, the minimum expenditure is only $7,500, which, when you think about it, you would spend anyway, right?
    Weird place for me to jump into a thread but here goes...
    I've gotten married twice in my life and combining the two occasions probably didn't spend $1000 total , both were "everybody pitches in a little bit affairs" the first time from ecenomic necessity, the second time we really weren't looking for something extravagant and, many in our family and friends had some skill or item they wanted to contribute. I think in both cases flowers were the biggest expense.

It's great that some folks can afford those big expensive weddings, Disney offers some beautiful options, but gosh it's sticker shock when I see what they cost!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Welcome to the site!!!

If the groom-to-be doesn't want a Disney Wedding (which I cannot understand!) then the next best thing would be a HONEYMOON at the World!!
    Second star to the right....straight on till morning!!!:mickey:

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    to the Boards!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, it's not that he wouldn't want to get married there, because he does, it's just that you're right, it's pretty expensive, so we have to think about how we're going to be able to save money, and see what we're going to get from our parents towards it. We may not be able to do it after all, but if we did end up having the wedding at home, it would be Disney-themed anyway! And hopefully we'll do a Disney cruise for the honeymoon!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian-nc.com
    Weird place for me to jump into a thread but here goes...
    I've gotten married twice in my life and combining the two occasions probably didn't spend $1000 total , both were "everybody pitches in a little bit affairs" the first time from ecenomic necessity, the second time we really weren't looking for something extravagant and, many in our family and friends had some skill or item they wanted to contribute. I think in both cases flowers were the biggest expense.

It's great that some folks can afford those big expensive weddings, Disney offers some beautiful options, but gosh it's sticker shock when I see what they cost!
    Wow. $1000 might pay the church and an organist up here, with enough left to cover developing some snapshots.

Sillygurl, as a former wedding businessperson, you can do wonderful things to create a Disney-themed wedding. I had clients who did everything from getting the Disney invitations & accessories, having Castle-themed cakes, all the way to having a seamstress make a copy of Ariel's wedding dress. It's all in the spirit of the party - and some pixie dust!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow. $1000 might pay the church and an organist up here, with enough left to cover developing some snapshots.

Sillygurl, as a former wedding businessperson, you can do wonderful things to create a Disney-themed wedding. I had clients who did everything from getting the Disney invitations & accessories, having Castle-themed cakes, all the way to having a seamstress make a copy of Ariel's wedding dress. It's all in the spirit of the party - and some pixie dust!
    We started putting together a budget and everything, and $1000 doesn't cover all that much, unfortunately. We know our parents don't have alot of money and that we'll be paying for the majority of it ourselves, but to have the wedding of our dreams, it's worth it.

disneydame, I may be coming around for more wedding help/info as time goes on, so I hope you're around!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hi Sillygirl!!! Welcome!
    Regarding a Disney themed wedding, a friend of mind did one, where the invites were on disney paper, at the wedding, the songs were disney songs, and at the reception, it was decorated with disney decor and the tables each had themes. (We sat at the Lion King table)
    It was lots of fun! Whatever you decide to do, congrats on your upcoming wedding, and I gotta agree, Bon Jovi ROCKS!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hi I'm also new to the board just join myself this past Friday and I have spoken to few people already and they were great in some tips they gave me . I just wanted to put out more request for help on my next coming trip. I'm going down to Flordia this October for the Mickey not so Scary Halloween Party and would like in tips as to what to do and what to expect as far as crowds. Any feedback would be great. Also If anybody would like I have a lot of tips I picked myself espically if you are traveling with children and or with just a spouse or another speical adult in your life. Would love to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by sillygurl
    disneydame, I may be coming around for more wedding help/info as time goes on, so I hope you're around!
    Anytime, Sillygurl! I've made this place my second home, so I'm always a PM away!
    My specialty was invitations/favors/calligraphy/accessories, and I was an etiquette expert. Free advice is yours for the asking!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Hi I'm also new to the board just join myself this past Friday and I have spoken to few people already and they were great in some tips they gave me . I just wanted to put out more request for help on my next coming trip. I'm going down to Flordia this October for the Mickey not so Scary Halloween Party and would like in tips as to what to do and what to expect as far as crowds. Any feedback would be great. Also If anybody would like I have a lot of tips I picked myself espically if you are traveling with children and or with just a spouse or another speical adult in your life. Would love to hear from you
    You might want to start a thread under "ask the experts" or "Vacation planning" to be sure more people see your questions. We have had several members who have attended MNSSHP and I'm sure they can give you all kinds of information!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Thanks will do

Goofygurl2004 is offline A-Ticket holder
    well welcome and congrats on gettin married
    i love Disney yes i do
    I love Disney WOrld
    How about you

Disney World-- Where everything is Magical!

Almost there[br]

<CENTER>Goin to WDW

Goin to WDW[br]</CENTER>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12