Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello! in the WDWRadio.com forums; My name's Melanie, I'm 29 and I live in New Brunswick, NJ, born and raised a Jersey girl, which means that yes, I like Bon Jovi, and no, my hair ...
    sillygurl is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello!

My name's Melanie, I'm 29 and I live in New Brunswick, NJ, born and raised a Jersey girl, which means that yes, I like Bon Jovi, and no, my hair is not big (well, not any more....).

I'm a production associate for a custom publishing company...but that's only my day job. Hehe. I'm also a freelance photographer (which is what I would really love to make a career out of) and a pro wrestling promoter. I used to be the singer for a punk band as well, but we broke up a few years ago. I also try to do craft shows in any spare time I may have with my custom address labels (many of which are Disney) and confetti.

My boyfriend proposed to me for the second time at WDW this past December (we were engaged once before, but broke up for almost a year in 2003). It was one of the most magical moments of my life. We were there during the Christmas celebration, so everything was already more magical! We would love to have our dream wedding at WDW but are having some issues at the moment. The important thing though is that we're together, forever, where we belong. Just like Mickey & Minnie.

I have a dog named Mr. Chuckles (I didn't name him, keep that in mind) whom I call Chuck, and a cat named Trixie. Both of them have Disney food bowls and Disney toys, and Chuck has a Mickey collar. If I could have found a Disney collar for Trixie, she'd have one too, LOL.

Disney has always been a part of my life. My father died when I was 9 and my mom met someone 2 years later. He had 2 kids of his own. One of the first things we all did together as a "family" was go to WDW, and I remember just being entranced. I didn't get to go back as an adult until 2002, but I was just as entranced and enchanted as I was as a child. Whenever my fiance and I go, we're just like 2 little kids in their own personal playground. I'd eventually love to make it to every Disney park at least once, and I definitely want to do a cruise too! This year our WDW trip is planned for the end of October and the Halloween party, yay!

I can't think of anything else to say at the moment, so I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by sillygurl; 03-18-2005 at 11:05 AM.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Alice: "But I don't want to go among mad people."
    Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here."

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Welcome I Just Join Today Too And I'm Also From New Jersey I Live In Roselle But Will Be Moving Down To Neptune City (down The Shore Yeah) Anyway I Actually Work Really Closed To Where You Live I Work In Plainsboro (yes I Take The Long Trip Everyday Well Actually It Not Tht Far Anymore Just Rt 1 All The Way Out) Well Bck On Subject It Great That You Have Join. Like I Said Before I Just Join Today And I Already Got Some Great Advice And I'm Also Going To Flordia In October Also For The Halloween Party. Hey Maybe I Will See You Doen There. Anyway Have A Great Time On This Site It Been Great So Far For Me

Welcome I Just Join Today Too And I'm Also From New Jersey I Live In Roselle But Will Be Moving Down To Neptune City (down The Shore Yeah) Anyway I Actually Work Really Closed To Where You Live I Work In Plainsboro (yes I Take The Long Trip Everyday Well Actually It Not Tht Far Anymore Just Rt 1 All The Way Out) Well Bck On Subject It Great That You Have Join. Like I Said Before I Just Join Today And I Already Got Some Great Advice And I'm Also Going To Flordia In October Also For The Halloween Party. Hey Maybe I Will See You Doen There. Anyway Have A Great Time On This Site It Been Great So Far For Me
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome! I live in New Brunswick right now, off of Route 1. When in October are you going? We're going the 22nd-29th.
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>Countown to Christmas!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Yay!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome aboard to both of you!!!

we are going Oct 27-to Nov 2. We are staying at the Polysiean Resort (sorry I'm not a great speller) My daughters wanted to go trick or treating some where different so why not Disney. Hey are you really getting married down there? Is it really expanisve or do they have great deals. My boyfriend and I went this pass NOV 04 and we stop over at the wedding pavillion but we didn't really get a chance to speak to a wedding planner. If you have any tips let me know. Thanks

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT!!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Thanks Princess Jas for the welcome I'm also a huge Aladdin fan. Since I'm going down this October for the Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party I'm going as you guess it PRINCESS JASMINE. Hope to here from you soon on the message board

Thanks for the welcome, Jas & dev!

Hey are you really getting married down there? Is it really expanisve or do they have great deals
    We're going to try to do it, yes. If you don't get married in the actual park (which is a minimum of $42,000--yikes), then it doesn't seem to end up being all that much more expensive than a wedding here at home would be. And if we're going to spend the money anyway, I'd really like to do it for something super-special.

Wow that much but hey I can agree why not drop the cash for something special like that. Now the catch is to get my cheap boyfriend to agree . He actually wants to get marry in the Gardens at Central Park which from my understand is just $300.00 for the premit to use (BIG DIFFERENT) but anyway when we do get marry you better believe Disney will be a huge part of my wedding some how. Thanks for the Info

We're going to try to do it, yes. If you don't get married in the actual park (which is a minimum of $42,000--yikes), then it doesn't seem to end up being all that much more expensive than a wedding here at home would be. And if we're going to spend the money anyway, I'd really like to do it for something super-special. [/QUOTE]

For a wedding beginning before 2:00pm, the minimum expenditure is only $7,500, which, when you think about it, you would spend anyway, right?

Now I may get him to look into that. You know how men are when it comes to wedding plan (there no help at all). But thanks for the info

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    check out www.disneyweddings.com to see what they have to offer

I have I saw some great things on that site. Thanks for the info

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Thanks Princess Jas for the welcome I'm also a huge Aladdin fan. Since I'm going down this October for the Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party I'm going as you guess it PRINCESS JASMINE. Hope to here from you soon on the message board
    You're welcome. That's awesome - I dressed up for her when I was little. I'll have to try to find that picture of me.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

I'm little older than you so I never got the chance to dress as her as a little kid. I was however Cinderella in the third grade and I did win a prize in school for it that was a longgggggggggg time ago. FYI I'm 33 and a mom but non the less a huge Aladdin fan. Both of my daughters were princess Jasmine so I think it Mommy turn. When we go down this October I will posted the pictures when we go. My kids will probaly be Disney charcters too they are always been a disney charcater ever since they were babies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast