Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss New from the Hoosier State in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I am a college student and a huge Disney fan (although I guess that is redundant at this point considering ...
    duke_igthorn is offline A-Ticket holder

New from the Hoosier State

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I am a college student and a huge Disney fan (although I guess that is redundant at this point considering I am posting on a Disney forum). I am thankful that I grew up during the greatest Disney channel programming in its history; "The Disney Afternoon". I was a huge Gummi Bears, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck fan as a child and I cringe every time I see the shows on there today.

I recently was married to a woman who has never been to Walt Disney World or Disneyland. She is very supportive of my love for Disney, though I know she doesn't really understand how a guy my age can still love the company that brought us Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. I may be asking questions to all your experts about how to handle our first trip to WDW together later on down the road (because it is so nostalgic for me but not so much for her).

I recently started listening to the WDW Radio Show and love it. I look forward to contributing to the forum and learning a lot from everyone.

Question: Was I the only one who liked the Pepto-Castle in 1996? (granted I was 10 years old at the time but I feel this castle is the focus of much hatred on Disney forums.)

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, welcome to the forums!! This is the place for latest breaking information and one of the best for advice. You are going to love it here!! Where are you in Indiana, by the way? I live in Vincennes, at least for now.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

duke_igthorn is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am from Brownsburg originally and am in my final year at Purdue right now up in West Lafayette (but don't let that fool you....I bleed Cream and Crimson come basketball season!). Thanks for welcoming me. I look forward to start looking around.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Welcome to the forums! Have a great time here!!

I liked the castle cake, 97 was my first trip I was 9 at the time and the castle will always have a special place in my heart!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really didn't like the pink castle. I just love it in its original form.

Welcome to the boards!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the "Happiest forums on Earth"

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Hi and welcome to the boards.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DisneyDad71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Raleigh, NC (formerly West Lafayette, IN)
    WELCOME!! I used to be a Hoosier as well!! We just moved to NC from West Lafayette!!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    DWT is home to 27,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, duke_igthorn! Glad to welcome another Hoosier!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards fellow Hoosier!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    duke_igthornto the DWT I actually liked the castle cake, I'm glad they didn't keep it that way, but it was nice while it was there
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!