Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Great Trivia Site in the WDWRadio.com forums; I am Triviateer. I just found this site from a link on www.startedbyamouse.com . I see you were thinking about being Triviateers. Did you know that the real Triviateers have ...
    Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Great Trivia Site

I am Triviateer. I just found this site from a link on www.startedbyamouse.com. I see you were thinking about being Triviateers. Did you know that the real Triviateers have been around for many years. Check this out:

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/trivi...ateers01.shtml

I hope to become a regular here and share my knowledge.
    Last edited by Triviateer; 04-26-2005 at 01:41 PM.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Triviateer!

I knew that name sounded familiar. Great article! Are you a former castmember of the Disney Store also? I was class of '94-'96. I loved those trivia contests.

Enjoy the fun and games here and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Make sure to join us for our regularly scheduled chats Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 pm est.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Thank you for the warm welcome. I was never a Castmember. However, I have been a collector of Disneyana since the first concept store opened in 1987. Along the way I have picked up a lot of Disney trivia from real Castmembers, and the many books I have read about Disney, and especially about Walt Disney. I become aware of the real Triviateers from Disneyland years ago. One castmember in the Disney Store in the local mall made the suggestion that I too could be a Triviateer. The name sort of stuck and all my close friends and associates call me the Triviateer among others things, some of which I can't repeat here.

By the way, Louis Mongello has written the definitive trivia book about Walt Disney World. He is a rising star in the unofficial Disney family of websites. He is getting some attention on several Disney blogs. I would not be surprised if Disney gives him a call in the not too distant future to join the company.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome Trivateer! We have lots of fun here, and yes, we think Lou is a great Disney representation as well! But don't tell him, we don't want him to get a big head....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

This is one of my favorite Walt Disney quotations:

"That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don’t remember what it’s like to be twelve years old. They patronize; they treat children as inferiors. I won’t do that. I’ll temper a story, yes. But I won’t play down, and I won’t patronize."
    Last edited by Triviateer; 04-26-2005 at 10:44 AM.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Love that quote!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    tp the DWT.com Family! We're glad you're here!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Here is a bit of trivia some of you might not know:

Disney Castmembers/Cast Members are not allowed to respond to any question from a guest with, "I don't know." They must give the guest an answer by asking another CM, or calling special numbers they have.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    This is true. We had monthly meetings at TDS before or after hours where we would learn more about our products and role playing on how to interact with guests to best find items to fit thier needs.

But realistically, any sales consultant worth his salt may not know every answer but surely knows where to look to find the answer. I still work in retail and treat every customer as I would a guest.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Welcome triviateer! I'm new too!

That'd be cool if Lou climbed up the ladder and became president of :mickey: !

Don't forget me dude... "Tampa" lol

I'd go to the park and at the gate I'd be like, "I wanna talk to Lou... your boss"... they'd be like, "We don't know no Lou"... and I'd be like, "Tell em' Tampa's here and he wants to be a CM on HM"! "Oh... we've been expecting you Mr Tampa" woohoo!

see ya around triviateer!

There are no bosses at Walt Disney World. You just ask for Castmember Louis Mongello and they will let you right in.

I just listened to the interview of Mr. Mongello with Jim Lamberth. It's great to place a voice with the person. Just go to "About the Author" and then go to "Appearances" and find the link to the talk show.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    no bosses means no fire yaay!

thanks for the audio tip, triv! And cool interview Lou! You gotta love an interview that opens up with a "Get tanked on wine" commercial lol!

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Welcome to the boards!!!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Welcome to DWT Triviateer!!! We have more fun than a barrel of monkees here.

(I don't know what that is supposed to mean, I just heard a commercial for Toy Story on live365.com and they mentioned the barrel of monkeys)

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    i wish all places(retail stores in particular) had that policy...can't stand when you go into a store and they have no idea what they are talking about...exp-wanted faux fur at wallyworld(couldn't find) and girl tried to sell me felt and polar fleece...geeez...told her "no, i want fur like when you pet a little bunny rabbit" condesendingly of course..couldn't resist...lol
    just be glad you're not in the barrel with the monkeys...can you imagine the smell??? no offense to any monkeys out there...lol OK now you got me curious to exactly what does that saying mean...hey maybe Triviateer can answer that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast