Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss My bags are packed and I'm ready to go in the WDWRadio.com forums; Well, I'm almost packed. My name is Fuskie and I am heading out to Orlando at 8:25am tomorrow to celebrate my GF's 50th birthday (on Sunday). We will be at ...
    Fuskie is offline A-Ticket holder

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go

Well, I'm almost packed.

My name is Fuskie and I am heading out to Orlando at 8:25am tomorrow to celebrate my GF's 50th birthday (on Sunday). We will be at the Adventurer's Club Thursday night, but I wanted to throw out out our trip itinerary in case anyone happens to find a guy in a D23 hat and a girl wearing her Birthday button. If you spot us, please say hi!

It's EMH night at Epcot so it will be a long day covering FutureWorld in the afternoon and then World Showcase in the evening. The plan is to get a fastpass for Soarin', then have lunch at Sunshine Seasons and see Circle of Life. Next we go to find Nemo and talk with Crush, followed by visiting Figment and Honey I Shrunk The Audience. Then it is over to Spaceship Earth, getting a fastpass for Mission:Space and riding Test Track. Back to Soarin' and then up to Japan for dinner at 7:20pm at Tokyo Dining, then Mission:Space and watching Illuminations from Italy. We will work our way around the World Showcase until the park closes.

Thursday we start out at Animal Kingdom getting an Everest fastpass, walking the Pagani Trail and then getting a 10am character breakfast at Tusker House. After breakfast, we will pick up a Safari fastpass, then try to catch a showing of Festival of the Lion King. From there we will head over to Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and if we get the timing right, Finding Nemo. We will work up an appetite on the Maharajah Jungle Trek and then have a 2pm lunch at Yak & Yeti. From there we will ride Everest, go on the Safari, then catch the parade and get bugged in the big tree. Then we will hightail it out of the park for the Adventurer's Club, shopping at Downtown Disney and a boat ride back to the resort.

Tired yet? I am.

Friday we will start out at DHS, getting fastpass for Rock n Rollercoaster and then riding Toy Story Mania before it gets crowded. Next its the Great Movie Ride followed by Muppet Labs and if we get the timing right, the motorcars show. After a noon lunch at the ABC Commissary, we will get a fastpass for Indiana Jones, ride Star Tours 1.0, then head over to Sunset to ride the ToT and RnR. Then we will get a fastpass for Little Mermaid, watch the Block Party Bash, Indiana Jones, and Little Mermaid. If time, walk through One Man's Dream before a 6:25pm dinner at the Brown Derby (will try to move that ADR up) before catching Fantasmic! at 8pm. Afterwards, a boat ride up to the Boardwalk to cap the evening.

Yes, I realize there is a lot packed into these days and we probably won't be able to do everything. But we will do as much as we can because I don't know when we will be able to come back again.

Saturday we are finally to the Magic Kingdom, the only park GF had visited before. First up we head to Fantasyland for Peter Pan, Snow White, Small World and Philharmagic and Pooh. Lunch to the dulcet tones at Cosmic Rays, then a trip through Toon Town to catch the train to Frontierland. There we get a Thunder Mountain fastpass and head to Adventureland for Pirates, Tikki Room and Jungle Cruise before we Celebrate the parade. Back to Frontierland for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder before getting a fastpass to Haunted Mansion and checking out Obama in the Hall of Presidents. Then its time for Tomorrowland to ride the TTA, Stitch, and Carousel of Progress before catching a 7:40pm ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table, followed by the Wishes from the hub and then a quiet walk down Main Street.

Sunday, GF's actual birthday, will have an early checkout (we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, btw) and breakfast at Kona Cafe at 8:40am. We will talk to the TTC and pick up the Celebration credit since we already have park tickets for the day and take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom for some last minute shopping on Main Street. Then it it is back to POR to grab the Magical Express back to the airport.

So if you have read all this way and you spot us in the parks, please stop and say hi. And wish Jody a Happy Birthday.

Fuskie
    Who will sleep when he gets home...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: My bags are packed and I'm ready to go

Have a wonderful time, give the Adventurers Club a good send off!

Come back and let us know.

Thanks!

I should probably add that while this is GF's first trip to WDW since she was a girl and it was just the Magic Kingdom, I have been a number of times for Braves Spring Training, the last trip which was in 07.

Fuskie
    Who will be taking HD video for the first time this trip...

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Have a great trip and welcome to the boards.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Hello and welcome!

Have a great trip too!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

WDW Radio is home to 32,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, Fuskie! Have a great trip!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

Hope you have a great trip!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

HI and welcome to the forums.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

It was great meeting Lou & Justin & the gang from MEI MouseFan Travel tonight. The AC send-off was a blast! I talked to a few of you tonight and apologize for not remembering names. Three more days!

Fuskie
    Who did not realize it but he is a box guy...

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

KUNGALOOSH! and welcom to the boards.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Thanks, Donna. We had a blast at DHS today. Toy Story Mania was fun, but I miss the old Stars & Motorcars parade. Block Party Bash doesn't have the same pizazz as seeing R2D2 and a land speeder driving past Sounds Dangerous.

Fuskie
    Who enjoyed Fantasmic! yet again...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Fuskieto the WDW Radio Show forums
    Sounds like you had a great trip
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm leaving one week from this Sunday and I haven't packed a darn thing. Typical