Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Thank you, thank you LOU! in the WDWRadio.com forums; This is my first post - not sure if or when I will be doing much additional posting, but I just wanted to say thanks to Lou for hosting this ...
    MMDGP is offline A-Ticket holder

Thank you, thank you LOU!

This is my first post - not sure if or when I will be doing much additional posting, but I just wanted to say thanks to Lou for hosting this show. I discovered it only a couple of weeks ago and promptly downloaded ALL 137-plus episodes in addition to subscribing to all future episodes. I have started at the beginning and as of this writing am done through only episode 19. I love love LOVE your show - I too am one of those "men's men" who happens to love all things WDW! I've been to WDW starting in 1976 at age 14 and since then have gone in 1978, 1983, 1989, 1998 and 2001 and have never stayed at nor would I ever consider staying at any resort other than the Polynesian (you can see I'm a dedicated ALOHA-NUT!!!) I actually went to Hawaii on my honeymoon in 1994 and thought Hawaii was a step DOWN from the Polynesian!

Lou, I especially love it when you post sound bites - even Jonathan D's imitation ones - they make me feel like I am right back there again. I have downloaded and even permanently saved some of those clips as files, and added them to a special "Disney Getaway Playlist" that I created where I intersperse those various soundbites - like the "Please Stand Clear of the Doors" from the Monorail, or the "Do not pull down on the safety bars" of the Haunted mansion, that Jonathan has done on previous shows...with music I have from actual albums of the attractions. It's so great to put "Do not pull down on the safety bars" just before "Grim Grimming Ghosts," or the parrot's pre-show introduction to Pirates of the Carribbean just before the theme song from that attraction. Keep up the great work and I hope to keep listening to you for years to come!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Re: Thank you, thank you LOU!

MMDGP - No, thank YOU for listening (WOW! All the way back!!!) to the show and taking the time to register and post here. It's when I read a post like this that makes the 3am nights not just bearable, but downright fun, as I know people enjoy the work I put into the show. So again, thank YOU for listening and the support. And if you like the show... please help spread the word!

See ya!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Wow! Only 23 minutes and I get a reply from the Mouse King himself!!! I'm impressed and flattered!

Well I did help spread the word. I've also given you a five star rating at iTunes. I can't believe only 324 have taken the time to do that so far - but at least it looks like the five-star rating is just about unanimous!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

MMDGP, Welcome to the boards. You will probably post more than just once; this site becomes something to look forward to as there is always new discussions on WDW's past, present, and future.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

WDW Radio is home to 32,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, MMDGP!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Hi MMDGP, Lou is kind of our hero. But i do hope you will join in the games and fun here.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

Welcome to the boards!!!

I discovered the show and joined the forums in a similar fashion a little over a year ago - somewhere around episode 70. Downloaded all of the old shows and caught up with everyone else because I didn't want to miss anything. Lou's knowledge and enthusiasm will help you blast through all of those old shows!!! I think it took me a couple of months to get through my initial backlog and now only one show per week just isn't enough!!! That's where the forums come in. Read, post, interact, Disney, Disney, Disney!!!!!
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thokecin View Post
    Lou's knowledge and enthusiasm will help you blast through all of those old shows!!!
    Yes - that enthusiasm definitely shines through. I've also now subscribed to a couple of "competitive" shows and while they are also good, neither quite matches Lou's enthusiasm!

By the way - thought I should explain how I came up with my username. MMDGP stands for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto!

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

MMDGP, welcome! Now take the next step and become one of Lou's Box People! Keep an eye out for live broadcasts.

Now I will have to do some research and find out what the "Box People" are.

My wife already thinks I am a "Box Person" because I like "boxy" cars like the Honda Element and the Scion.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome to the boards!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

MMDGPto the WDW Radio forums
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!