Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Come on lurkers, join us in the fun *or* What lured you out of lurking? in the WDWRadio.com forums; So often I see that we have as many or more "guests" lurking here at DWT than members. I am talking to you, yes you, our "members to be" to ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Come on lurkers, join us in the fun *or* What lured you out of lurking?

So often I see that we have as many or more "guests" lurking here at DWT than members.

I am talking to you, yes you, our "members to be" to take the plunge and join us here at DWT.

We would love to have you here, joining in the fun and games, adding trip tips, pictures and all of your Disney dreams.

So go ahead, join us! Stop by and say Hi!

The more the merrier!

As for all of our DWT members, please post here what drew you to DWT and why you beacme a member.

Maybe your stories will hit home with some of our future members here.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 05-03-2005 at 01:55 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Tiggerguy told me about DWT when I was looking for a new Disney Message Board. So, I joined and started posting right away. I also brought along another person to join DWT.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i stumbled upon this website while looking for pictures. i read some of the threads and thought, hey these are people who understand my disney obsession and i wanted to share my thoughts. everyone is friendly and it's fun to share disney memories. reading other's thoughts helps me to remember things i thought i had forgotten.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Triviateer is offline B-Ticket Holder

I had been a lurker for about 10 months or so. It seems this site started to pick up in the 4th quarter of last year with a lot of upgrades in graphics and a huge increase in members. I was hesitant to join in because there seemed to be some turmoil on the site for a month or so this year, but I see one of the regular members was banned from the site, or was forced to leave, for some negative comments he or she made. I say good riddance!

This seems like a family friendly site and we don't need negative stuff. There are still a few negative members who seem to be posting. The only thing I get negative about is public school teachers. They ruined my life. I hope I don't get banned for my comments about teachers and the rotten public schools.

I hope to be here for awhile. I see there is another new site, D-troops, which has a lot of members from this site. It was started by a great regular member person, General Grizz, from WDWMagic, which by the way is probably the best Walt Disney World site, but this one could catch up in a couple years or two. I spend about 1 hour here and about 2 hours on WDWMagic a day.
    Last edited by Triviateer; 05-03-2005 at 04:24 PM.
    "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." --Victor Hugo

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I bought Lou's book and saw the website there. I knew I was going to like it before I even visited. One look and I had to become a member. So, here I am!!!
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Triviateer said...
    I was hesitant to join in because there seemed to be some turmoil on the site for a month or so this year, but I see one of the regular members was banned from the site, or was forced to leave, for some negative comments he or she made. I say good riddance!
    It was only a few days we had turmoil, but that happens in any group. The member was NOT banned and was NOT forced to leave, they left on their own volition.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    How I came to DWT.

I was reading the newsgroup RADP (short fro rec.arts.disney.parks) and saw a post saying to try out a new trivia site (DWT.com). At this time I was a member of another site that also recently started a trivia forum. I was more or less posting there with great frequency and only lurked here.

Two weeks later that site started to slow down as the moderator more or less seemed to give up on it, so I came over here as member #61. It took almost 4 months to get to 100 members and now we are getting that many every 6 days or so.

In the 4 months of this year we had gained about 1500 new members.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I met Lou and TiggerGuy (Brian) at MouseFest in December. Lou and I have the same publisher (Intrepid Traveler) and he told me of his baby- disneyworldtrivia.com. I checked out the site as soon as I came home. Lou is very proud of the friendly atmosphere that exists here. I was a regular on another site, but was tired of all of the chest thumping and ego trips that are typical of these sites. I think this site has a real good mix of all interests.

If anyone has a chance to meet Lou and his family I highly suggest taking advantage of it. They are great people.

You too Brian!
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

Talking

I joined purely through the love of Disney and i was getting sick of people looking at me funny when i try and explain how much i love it there!

I thought that there can't be that much cliqueyness on a Disney forum as surely people who like disney can't be bad or mean so i took the plunge and joined but still a newbie so finding my way around the site might take a while

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I have to admit I was a lurker at first myself. I was just looking for tips on my next trip down and ran into this site. Everyone seem so welcoming and warm so I said what the hey why not join. Then I got really excited that I could post my family pictures on the site and show everyone all the fun we've had over the years down at the parks. Plus to be a little honest I was scare that once you guys found out I was black I would be completely ignored, but I didn’t encounter that all. Everyone on this site seem like good hard working Christian people and overall colorblind and I really appreciate the welcoming post that I have receive and hope to continue to receive. I know I shouldn’t have turn this into a race thing but I just wanted you guys to know that I don’t see people as a color just for who they are and of course their love for Disney. Okay now that I have that off my chest I will say I have always love Disney since I can remember and I have been very blessed that I had a mom who encourage my love of everything Disney from buying me books and taking me to see every new Disney movie that came out and of course taking me down to WDW the first time when I was 6. After that I was totally hooked. Now my girls are total Disney junkies. I have been buying Disney stuff way before they were born and of course after they got here and when I took them down the first time I cried just from seeing their reaction to seeing CinderellaCastle in person for the first time. So I say if you are a lurker join you will feel very welcome.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I have to admit I was a lurker at first myself. I was just looking for tips on my next trip down and ran into this site. Everyone seem so welcoming and warm so I said what the hey why not join. Then I got really excited that I could post my family pictures on the site and show everyone all the fun we've had over the years down at the parks. Plus to be a little honest I was scare that once you guys found out I was black I would be completely ignored, but I didn’t encounter that all. Everyone on this site seem like good hard working Christian people and overall colorblind and I really appreciate the welcoming post that I have receive and hope to continue to receive. I know I shouldn’t have turn this into a race thing but I just wanted you guys to know that I don’t see people as a color just for who they are and of course their love for Disney. Okay now that I have that off my chest I will say I have always love Disney since I can remember and I have been very blessed that I had a mom who encourage my love of everything Disney from buying me books and taking me to see every new Disney movie that came out and of course taking me down to WDW the first time when I was 6. After that I was totally hooked. Now my girls are total Disney junkies. I have been buying Disney stuff way before they were born and of course after they got here and when I took them down the first time I cried just from seeing their reaction to seeing CinderellaCastle in person for the first time. So I say if you are a lurker join you will feel very welcome.
    Black, Brown, Red, White, Yellow? Who cares? I don't and I doubt any members would. This site is home to all races, religions, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, genders, etc. We're all human after all--aren't we? I do have my doubts about a couple members though!
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-10-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    ... Everyone on this site seem like good hard working Christian people and overall colorblind...
    Well color me Disney.

JEDIPRINCESS... We are happy you found us too!

May I say Welcome again and thanks for sharing your story as well as your pictures. You have a lovley family. I must admit, I kept looking through them looking for the mother, I thought you must have three daughters.

Okay, so I am a little slow on the uptake at times. I figured it out eventually.

~ Valerie
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Well color me Disney.

JEDIPRINCESS... We are happy you found us too!

May I say Welcome again and thanks for sharing your story as well as your pictures. You have a lovley family. I must admit, I kept looking through them looking for the mother, I thought you must have three daughters.

Okay, so I am a little slow on the uptake at times. I figured it out eventually.

Thanks so much again. You will never know how touched I get just by reading the post I get.I love Disney so much growing up and when I found this site I just had to join and share my total and compelte love of all things Disney.Plus I have gotten some great tips from everyone here Thanks again,

Yeah I know everyone thinks I'm my girls sister all the time. My oldest hate it becasue she make it quite clear to anyone who makes that my mistake that I'm her mom and I'm 33 and as she put it "she old"and she said this quite loud all the time. I'm like thanks a lot my youngest is getting the same way now as well. Oh well kids what are you going to do with them.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Hey there Lurkers!

I see we have at least 68 of you checking out our home here and we would love to meet you.

So please sign up and join in the fun.

And to many of our newer members, post here what made you come out of lurking and inspire our viewers to join.
    ~ Valerie
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I'm been coming here since a few weeks after the site opened, but it was a while until I actually joined up and started posting.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast