Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Tidings from a Magic-Thirsty Newbie in the WDWRadio.com forums; Greetings, all! Here I am, yet another newbie gradually bridging over from lurker-dom, preparing (albeit my second attempt) to face the wilds of the online Disney-verse. I certainly hope all ...
    Indie-magineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    North Alabama and Middle Tennessee (and my own thoughts)

Tidings from a Magic-Thirsty Newbie

Greetings, all! Here I am, yet another newbie gradually bridging over from lurker-dom, preparing (albeit my second attempt) to face the wilds of the online Disney-verse. I certainly hope all here are having a magical, Disney-infused day thus-far, and I hope to join you as soon as I become more active.

My name's Katherine, yet about my typical grounds I'm slowly becoming better known as Indie-magineer - an allusion to my passions for both all things Disney and "independent" music and culture. (Given the commercial nature often associated with the Company and such, I could easily be a rare breed indeed!) At seventeen, I'm probably on the younger end of the age scale here, but a relatively uneventful high-school life has worked up my appetite to start looking into some magical opportunities for college! Whether that means starting off with just a trip or enrolling in the CP I'm uncertain, but I'd love to somehow couple my Disney love with my college experience.

Because I'm from an always-busy family and my last visit to the World was a shocking eight years ago, I may be at a slight disadvantage as I prepare to delve back into planning. As I mentioned, this is my second attempt to mingle with the "true" veterans in a forum setting. I must admit that I was quite intimidated by everyone's know-how the first time around, but this community already seems to feel more welcoming, and for that I am truly relieved and appreciative. -tips Mickey ears-

For those curious as to anything else about me, here's an ample summary: my home is divided between North Alabama and Middle Tennessee; I'm pursuing a future developing media and communications for children (and blogging about my experiences along the way); I'm a Minnie-phile from childhood and somehow fear pairing Mickey with anyone else would tamper with the laws of nature and society; I have a deep adoration for Disney-related projects that border on ominous or allow things to be seen in a different light (naturally, I'm waiting with baited breath for Epic Mickey); I'm a pin collector (yet what I lack in collection quantity, I make up for in enthusiasm); and I love compiling mix-CDs to set the mood with music.

Oh, and I especially can't wait to start tuning into Lou's podcast. I just know it's going to be an invaluable resource as I plan, as I'm sure it has been for all of you.

That's probably sufficient for now, I suppose. I absolutely can't wait to start meeting some of you and gathering ideas for where the Magic will take me in the near future.

M-I-C... see you real soon!

Indie-magineer

Jaxum is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Tidings from a Magic-Thirsty Newbie

Welcome to the forums. You will find a lot of helpful people here that will answer questions, give tips, or completely send you down the wrong path! Of course the path will lead you somewhere fun, so enjoy the trip. Glad you giving it all another try!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney Days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days in the parks for 2010: 63!
    Disney Days for 2011:
    Disneyland: (0) / WDW:(17)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 17!

D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

WDW Radio is home to 33,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, Katherine!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

diswish is offline A-Ticket holder

Welcome... I have also tried other boards, this being my third, which I am also new to. My wife and I are also out of Disney-norm, her being a metal head and I a punk from WAY back. I still carry my freak flag high. Don't be discouraged there's a place for all of us. Which tends be Disney for us. No matter how evil some "hippsters" claim the Disney Company to be... We will always claim our love for it's "devilish" design.

Have a magical day and have fun!!!
    Last edited by diswish; 07-03-2010 at 10:09 AM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome Katherine!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

to WDWRadio!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Indie-magineer is offline A-Ticket holder
    North Alabama and Middle Tennessee (and my own thoughts)

Thanks for such a warm welcome, all!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Hello and welcome!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Indie-magineer (Katherine)to the WDW Radio forums
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property