Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss New to everything here, obsessed with Disney World (like everyone else, I assume) in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi everyone, my name is Anthony and I am originally from Nutley, New Jersey. I am currently a freshman at N.C. State University in Raleigh, NC. I am actually very ...
    N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

New to everything here, obsessed with Disney World (like everyone else, I assume)

Hi everyone, my name is Anthony and I am originally from Nutley, New Jersey. I am currently a freshman at N.C. State University in Raleigh, NC. I am actually very new to WDW Radio, and have only been following for about a week or so. For a very long time I have been obsessed with Disney World; as I have gotten older (even though I'm only 19), I have gotten to appreciate Disney World more. I love everything about it, especially beyond the parks; I love interesting and random facts about Disney World, and know a lot of them. Just wanting to say hi to everyone as a newbie here, and wish I would've found this a long time ago! If you have any questions feel free to ask; below I will post a few things about Disney World that pertains to me.

3 Favorite Interesting/Random Facts
    -The Utilidors under the Magic Kingdom; the park is on the 2nd floor!
    -EPCOT stands for the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
    -Seven Seas Lagoon is man-made, while Bay Lake is natural

My family owns a timeshare in Wyndham, thus we usually stay at Bonnet Creek Resort, which is not owned by Disney, but is literally right next door to the Caribbean Beach. Below are my visits. Some are times I have been to Central Florida and not have gone to the parks, but have at least gone to Downtown Disney and ate at the hotels.
    -June 1997; Port Orleans French Quarter
    -July 2002; Old Key West
    -August 2005; Bonnet Creek
    -August 2006; Bonnet Creek
    -February 2008; Bonnet creek
    -July 2008; stayed at a family member's house; no parks
    -August 2008; Bonnet Creek; no parks
    -June 2009; Bonnet Creek
    -July 2010; stayed at a family member's house; did go to parks
    -November 2010; Contemporary; no parks, flew in from college for cousin's wedding that was held at the Wedding Pavilion next to the Grand Floridian

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: New to everything here, obsessed with Disney World (like everyone else, I assume)

Welcome. I'm also from NJ
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: New to everything here, obsessed with Disney World (like everyone else, I assume)

welcome home...!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome to the site. How about that Pack this year, 7-3 as of today. We ilve about 2 hours southeast in Onslow county.

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Welcome.....Freshman year.....sooo fun.....my oldest is starting the college search process....not as much fun on this side of the fence!!!

How does Bonnet Creek compare to a Disney resort??
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome to WDWRadio AND Raleigh! I live in Raleigh as well - actually, minutes away from NC State. Glad you found your way to both things!

thank you everyone for welcoming me here! This sight, and the newscasts/podcasts are awesome. So glad I found it. And to answer a few questions:

-Raleigh is an awesome city- love it, but sometimes do miss home back in NJ.
    -Wolfpack fotball 7-3= awesome. Though we suffered two bad losses to ECU and Clemson, the team has proven that they still belong at the top. All we got to do is beat UNC, then Maryland and we're in the ACC Championship game where we'll most likely play Va. Tech (again). We should be ranked somewhere from 20-25 in the BCS, though.
    -Bonnet Creek very well holds up against other Disney resorts; some people say that it's better than some (i.e. the value and/or moderate value resorts). It's a timeshare, so it's all condos; and can cost also as much as the Grand Floridian/Contemporary/AK Lodge. I really like it, the only inconvenience is that there is only 1 bus an hour to each park, so you have to be there for a certain time, and drop-off locations are farther than Disney transport drop-offs. However, the resort is beautiful, and if you search online to rent through an owner, it's definitely worth it if you're looking to not completely immerse yourself in Disney. And even so, it's worth a try Great experience and still very close to the parks because it is, as I said, the next drive over from the Caribbean Beach; you can actually see it from C.B. Believe it or not, though, it can get VERY packed during the summer; I would suggest staying there offseason to really enjoy it.

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Glad you're enjoying Raleigh - it's a pretty cool city and has grown a lot in the past couple years.

I'm not one for football -- the closest I have come to State Football is getting stuck in traffic behind the teams 'Motorcade" on the way home from work. Now that is ANNOYING.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Hi, welcome to the site!

I'm guessing you can also make the connection between no. 1 and no. 3 in your "random facts" ?

got stuck in traffic on Hillsborough for about 90 minutes going to the stadium...missed opening kickoff because of it for the Thursday night game vs Cincinnati earlier in the season

and I can easily make that connection! the park sits on the land dug out from the Seven Seas Lagoon, which is how the Lagoon was formed, and that land was put over the utilidors to be able to build the park on top. Thus, workers can get from one part of the park to another without being seen out-of-costume in a certain "land" of the park
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

WDW Radio is home to 33,000+ members!

We hope you enjoy it here, Anthony!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!