Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello to All! Am I Lucky or what? in the WDWRadio.com forums; What do you say on these things without boring people to tears? I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. I don't remember how many times I went to Six ...
    TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello to All! Am I Lucky or what?

What do you say on these things without boring people to tears?
    I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. I don't remember how many times I went to Six Flags over Texas. Usually, that was a once a year treat.

I absolutely LOVE traverse-type roller coasters...which, well, I can't even think of a single one on Disney property.

You might say my husband and I had our first date at the Magic Kingdom. That was August 30, 1996. Coincidentally, that was the first time we met, and my first visit to WDW. I moved from Texas to Florida in mid October.

We were married August 30, 1998.

The next memorable trip to WDW was in October of 1999, when my mother, my sister, and my three year old niece flew out for a visit and stayed at All Star Music. My mother offered to buy me a four-day park hopper, and after looking at the price of the PH and comparing it to the seasonal pass, we decided on the pass, since we live within an hour of Disney. So, my mom bought my pass, and we bought my husband's pass. I have a wonderful picture of my husband holding my niece, and my daughter swears it was her.

My husband and I spent a weekend at Coronado Springs before the passes expired. That was in September 2000. At one point during this time frame, we met up with friends that worked for Disney. Very, very disappointing day for me. I really wanted to ride Space Mountain, and all of them said, "NO, you can't your pregnant!" So, no pass renewals, no more trips to the them park.

During the Summer of 2009, my mother-in-law spent 5 days out at one of the All Star resorts (other relatives visiting from up north one resort over). She paid for my son and my nephew. I came out for one day with my daughter. Talk about mayhem... We had my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law & his wife (with their three kids), their babysitter, and the kids... for all intents and purposes - the ages were: three 8 year olds, an almost 7 year old, and two 4 year olds. I enjoyed my short day out at the park, my daughter enjoyed playing in the pool, and fell asleep as soon as I put her in the truck.

So, December 2009, we purchased annual passes, which was really nice because they had an extra three months on them! On December 26, 2009, my husband and I took our two children and my 13 year old niece out to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom where three of us (me, my niece, and my son) rode Expedition Everest for the first time. When we exited the ride, the kids exclaimed " That was awesome! " in unison. The fact that are knuckles were frozen, didn't seem to matter.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Hello to All! Am I Lucky or what?

Thanks for the tale, Tammi. Welcome to the boards!
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome.

I never mentioned my real name. It's Patty.
    TammiKatt is a character I created in 1980-something. Cute little anthropomorphic kitty girl. Decided to use the name for AIM, and for a local hobby board (Brevard Area Reef Society).

DisneyRunnerMom is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey Patty,

I wanted to respond to your intro post.

It's great hearing all about your Disney experiences as well as how you met your hubby! Welcome!!!!!!

Laura
    If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It!

The Story of How I Met your Father....
    May 1996, I was living in Dallas, Texas. I was not working at the time, but I did volunteer to work the Art Show at a local Anime convention. During the weekend, I made new friends, oh and suffered through a power outtage at the hotel. One of my new friends introduced me to an IRC (internet relay chat) site. Having nothing better today, I went online to the specified room, or channel as they called it. It was #meadow. The creator and moderator was a guy in Melbourne, FL, whose online name was Terry. Through the course of May through August, I found a job. Attended not one, but three weddings, including my sister's (Why on earth did I hold my peace? I should have screamed YOU CAN DO BETTER SIS, no, instead, I quietly told him, You hurt my sister, and there will be trouble for you! - but that is another story). What other life changing even happened.. oh yes, I was working, and on July 22nd, my niece was born. So, in a three bedroom one and a half bath house we had, my mother, my sister, my brother in law, a new baby, and myself. I was ready for a vacation. Through this time, I racked up long distance telephone charges talking to Terry (Brett, IRL). He invited me out to Melbourne, FL. My first question was, "How close are you to Disney?" He paid for my airfare, and for half of my Disney pass. I flew out on the 29th of Aug, arriving late in the evening, and the next morning we drove in his car out to All Star Music Resort. We had so much fun. ^_^ I felt like I had known him forever. It was a Labor Day weekend, so that was Saturday night at Disney, Sunday at the park, and late drive back to Melbourne, and Monday, catch the plane back to Dallas. I was really bummed.
    Mid-October, he flew out to Dallas, the same friend that pointed me in his direction drove with me to pick him up at the airport, and the next day we drove my car from Dallas to Melbourne, with a stop in Mississippi. Beautiful drive, and I would love to drive that again with my children so they can see everything.

The funny thing is that August 30th was his Grandfather's birthday, and my Grandfather's birthday. His sister and I share the same birthday as well.

We had a fun day today...drove over the causeway onto Merritt Island, went to see Hop.
    The we crossed over the next causeway, diving up to port Canaveral.

We had a wonderful lunch looking out over the water. Hmm what else did we see... We saw not one but three cruise ships set out to the Atlantic ocean. First was NcL's Norwegian Sun. Then the Carnival Dream. We finished dessert, and started walking off to the parking lot when I noticed the last one. We. Stopped and watched and. Waved as the Disney Magic left Port Canaveral.

I wanna go on a cruise!

mrsksomeday is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi Patty!! Disney is a fantastic place to meet your husband, what a great story!! My b/f would LOVE to live in Florida, maybe one day. Thanks for sharing with us.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Hello and welcome!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Welcome fellow Dallas-ite! I am new to the boards as well. Can't wait to get to know you and thanks for sharing your stories with us.

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012