Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss My name is Laura! New here to WDW Radio! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hey Guys!! It's so nice to meet everyone! My name is Laura (DisneyRunnerMom) and I am new to the WDW Radio forum. We are huge Disney fans and travel to ...
    DisneyRunnerMom is offline A-Ticket holder

My name is Laura! New here to WDW Radio!

Hey Guys!!

It's so nice to meet everyone! My name is Laura (DisneyRunnerMom) and I am new to the WDW Radio forum.

We are huge Disney fans and travel to Disney at least once or twice a year. We just came back from the Disney Marathon Weekend in January.

We live up in NJ but my husband and I are planning to relocate to FL within the year.

Thanks for letting me intro myself!

Laura

DisneyJoe93 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: My name is Laura! New here to WDW Radio!

Welcome! Was fun chatting it up with you in the box last night! Hope you enjoy your time here
    Go PHILLIES!
    Go FLYERS!
    GO BIRDS!
    Been an Eagles Employee since: August 2010

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi Laura, I'm still fairly new here myself, soooooo jealous of you moving to Florida

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome, so jealous, too!! But all the talk about the food here in the northeast was fun. Rita's, tastykakes, etc.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome!

Thank you so much for the warm Disney welcome, Guys!! I have never been a part of a Disney forum so this is my first experience and I have to say you are the nicest people! Lou certainly has out done himself with all he has done for the WDW Radio community and with people like you, I am so fortunate to be getting to know all of you.

For those I chat with on the box Wednesday night, you guys rock! I had such a great time talking about 40 things for Lou, the NJ food, and what else... Disney! Looking forward to next Wednesday night's chat.

Thank you again!

Laura

TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Welcome to the board. I'm still new here, myself. I moved to Florida about 15 years ago. My goodness that is hard to believe...because it means my niece will be 15 this summer.

Wasn't it pretty cold during that marathon? I remember the news report, and everybody's breath was showing in the cold, crisp air. I guess that's better than running in the heat and the humidity of the summer.

I have a brother-in-law in NJ, with his wife and three kids. My husband was born in NJ, and was dragged down to FL prior to his senior year of high school, along with his younger sister, while his older two brothers remained up in NJ.

Have you started checking on what areas you are going to move to?

Hi TammiKatt!

Thank you for the big welcome!! Welcome to you two as a WDW Radio forum newbie! You are so lucky you have been living in FL for 15 years. I would love for my 3 year old to grow up in Florida like my husband did. We have been wanting to move to FL for 7 years. When my husband and I met he lived in FL and moved to NJ to be with me. He wanted to move back the second he moved to NJ but it took a while for me to realize I wanted to move to Florida also.

I am pretty close to my parents and sister and it would hard for them if we moved, but itís truly our dream to move to Florida. We donít have any family there but we have a few friend in FL and of course once we are living there, weíll make new friends.

At this point we are job hunting and looking in the Central FL area. We would love to move to Orlando if possible, but we would be willing to move anywhere as my hubby grew up near Fort Lauderdale & when we met he lived in Jacksonville. So we would pretty much move anywhere there are job opportunities. The jobs in my husbandís field (financial industry) are out in the Tampa area and the job opportunities for me as a contract analyst are near Orlando, so we are open to moving anywhere which is good.

As for the Marathon Weekend, I hear it was 2010 that was the coldest. Luckily in 2011, the weather was a little chilly in the 40ís in the early morning at the starting line and then warmed to the high 60ís later in the race. I agree, I would rather run in the cold than the humidity and heat of the summer. It was a wonderful experience and canít wait to do it again!

Laura
    If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It!

TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Between Orlando and Tampa would probably be good, providing the outcome of the job search.

I am on the Space Coast, with my nearest relatives being my husband's parents in West Palm. My mother-in-law comes up and spends a whole weekend with us, and we go out to the park for a full day. She's wonderful, and the kids argue over who gets to ride with Bubby. It usually takes us an hour to drive to Disney...of course, yesterday took a little longer because my husband made ME drive. Give me Dallas traffic anytime, at least I would KNOW where I was going.

Our friends live in Melbourne! I hear it is beautiful out there!

So you mother-in-law lives close? That is great! Most of my hubby's family lives in Ohio. He's not as close with his family as I am with mine. A few still live in FL so it will be nice to reconnect with them when we do move down there.

My mother-in-law lives in Ohio but she said if we move to FL she would move down there too. She says she misses it. She and I get along wonderfully so I offered her to come live with us for a few months once we are in a house while she is looking for her own place and it will be nice to have her spend time with our son.

I have never been to Dallas but one of my friends loves it there! She visits Dallas quite often for work so she knows her way around the downtown area.
    If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It!

OneLuckyLady is offline B-Ticket Holder

Welcome !

First WDW trip June 1991 - off site
    Second June 1992 - off site
    Grad Nite 1995
    Honeymoon 2005 - off site
    September 2011 - Pop Century & taking our girls!

GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Welcome aboard - the folks here are the best!
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by disneycrazy1956 View Post
    But all the talk about the food here in the northeast was fun. Rita's, tastykakes, etc.
    Two great reasons (on a long list) to stay out of Philadelphia
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast