Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello from East Texas!! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello everyone! I'm David from Texas and just wanted to say hi! I've been listening to the podcasts for awhile now and just like everyone else on the forums, I ...
    BeachClub2011 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello from East Texas!!

Hello everyone! I'm David from Texas and just wanted to say hi! I've been listening to the podcasts for awhile now and just like everyone else on the forums, I can't get enough Disney!!! There, I said it! My wife said that the first step was admitting that I have a problem!!! I haven't visited the World since 1999 and I'm dying to get back. I've been married for six years to a beautiful woman who, I'm sad to say, has never been to any of the Disney Parks. So she doesn't fully understand my obsession, although she tries.

We have a four year old daughter whom I have completely brainwashed! She already has the first three attractions mapped out for the Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, then Pirates! We were planning a trip to stay at the Beach Club in November of this year, hence the member name, but discovered in January that we are going to have another little girl this year! So we are aiming for 2013 after all the FL expansion is done!!!

I'm glad to be here and again , I'm David and Im a Disney-holic!

Previous trips: Disneyland '87, '88, '90x2
    Disneyland Paris '94- Sequoia Lodge
    WDW '95-Dixie Landings, '96-Disney Institue, '97-Caribbean Beach, '98-Old Key West, '99-Coronado Springs

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Hello from East Texas!!

Hi David! Glad to have you on board
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Hey David!! Great to have you with us, and congrats on the baby girl on the way!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

from a fellow Texan and congrats on the upcoming new addition to your family AND our WDW Radio family, since I know you'll teach this one well too!

I know from experience how hard it is to have to delay Disney trips, but it usually works out for the best (Fantasyland expansion good case in point! )

And, I come from a slightly different perspective...
    Those that don't "get" Disney are the ones that need the 12-step program...!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Hello...welcome from Wisconsin
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome!

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome!!!!!!
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BeachClub2011 View Post
    I can't get enough Disney!!! There, I said it! My wife said that the first step was admitting that I have a problem!!! I haven't visited the World since 1999 and I'm dying to get back. I've been married for six years to a beautiful woman who, I'm sad to say, has never been to any of the Disney Parks. So she doesn't fully understand my obsession, although she tries.

We have a four year old daughter whom I have completely brainwashed! She already has the first three attractions mapped out for the Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, then Pirates!

I'm glad to be here and again , I'm David and Im a Disney-holic!
    (In group unison) HI DAVID. The only difference between this group and AA is that we're not trying to beat our addiction. If anything, we're looking for others to support it (God bless the internet!). You're family sounds a lot like mine. My wife had only been to Disney World once when she was a pre-teen (her Dad promised that they'd go once and that's just what he did) so she wasn't sure why I was so into it (my family has gone several times to both WDW and DisneyLand). I guess a person's memories of Disney will stem from how their parents view the parks.

But I took her again in 2000 and she seemed to love it too. Just not as much as I do still, but at least she looks forward to going now. We just took our son last September (2010) and he's hooked too. He wants to know when we're going back. It's been nine months and he still watches the Disney vacation planning DVD and talks about the rides. Sometimes we play "Disney World" and pretend we're on the rides (a new Disney junkie, right?). I plan on making Disney World an every other year trip (don't want to make my wife nuts!) since there is officially two Disney nuts in the house.

Good to see you on the boards. By the way, this is a great resource to find out information about what to do at the parks, or what the parks will do for you, before you go. Ask any question and most likely someone will have an answer.

P.S. Congratulations on the new (soon to be) baby!

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey David! Always great to see a fellow Disney-holic on the boards. I've gone a few months without a dose of actual Disney park magic (I know I shouldn't be one to complain, being so close to the parks and getting to go frequently, but once you get used to it....), and I'm starting to jones pretty hard!

I try to remind myself that it's super humid, hot, and crowded right now, and it makes me feel better.

Also, congratulations on the new addition!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Hi David- Welcome to the boards! We would love to invite you to chat which runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays . While the time set is 9 EST until 11 EST, most people don't show up until 10 EST. But it is fun to "talk" to people about your love of disney, the weather, or whatever we end up talking about. Go to the ribbon at the top that says Chat- pick which one you want to do (both go to the same place) and wait around to talk.

And welcome- I'm further west of you in Texas but man is it hot around here!

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi David! A fellow East Texan here! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! We also have a 4 yr old --- she will be going to the World for her first time in November. She has been planning her attractions as well. I hope your family has a great time whe y'all go in 2013.
    "One Mouse, One World"

OneLuckyLady is offline B-Ticket Holder

Greetings and congratulations! We have 2 girls also and they are going for the first time in September Julia will be almost 5 and Lydia will be 3.

First WDW trip June 1991 - off site
    Second June 1992 - off site
    Grad Nite 1995
    Honeymoon 2005 - off site
    September 2011 - Pop Century & taking our girls!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Welcome to the boards. Hope to see you in the forums.

Congrats on the baby.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property