Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss I'm new! :) in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hiya! *waves* My name is Kristen, and I'm new to the Forum but not to the WDW Radio Show. I have been listening to the podcast for a few months ...
    disneygirl85 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking I'm new! :)

Hiya! *waves*

My name is Kristen, and I'm new to the Forum but not to the WDW Radio Show. I have been listening to the podcast for a few months now and finally decided it was time to get in on the forum action. LOL!

I'm a HUGE Disney fan, and have been since I was about 4 years old, when I went on my first Disney trip. I grew up in Florida, taking a day trip to Disney a couple of time a year. However, when I got older I moved away, and now live in Minnesota. I have never stayed at a Disney resort and have not visited the World for the past 5 years. I will be turning 30 in March 2015, so my goal is to save enough money for me, my boyfriend, and my best friend's family to celebrate my birthday at Walt Disney World.
    Anywho, I'm so happy to meet all of you and I look forward to talking lots of Disney with you all. Yes, even you Lou.

Lots of Disney love,
    Kristen
    Last edited by disneygirl85; 09-23-2011 at 08:45 AM.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: I'm new! :)

Well hello and welcome to the family Kristen

Sounds like that trip in 2015 is going to be filled with Disney magic...I personally think the waiting and planning for a WDW trip is as good as the actual vacation

You're going to have so much fun researching....oh and by the way...once you've stayed at a Disney resort you'll be hooked!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm especially excited for this trip because I'm planning on it being for a week where I will be completely immersed in Walt Disney World for the first time ever. And, what better way to do it than celebrating my 30th birthday? Mind if I follow you on Twitter? My Twitter is @disneygirl85

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl85 View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm especially excited for this trip because I'm planning on it being for a week where I will be completely immersed in Walt Disney World for the first time ever. And, what better way to do it than celebrating my 30th birthday? Mind if I follow you on Twitter? My Twitter is @disneygirl85
    I'd love to be in WDW for my birthday, unfortunately mine's in July so it hasn't happened yet....way too hot and crowded for me

Of course you can follow me on twitter, I try to post interesting things!!!

How did you get that cool banner for Fort Wilderness Lodge? I want one! I would also like to add my Twitter handle like you did. How did you do these things?

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl85 View Post
    How did you get that cool banner for Fort Wilderness Lodge? I want one! I would also like to add my Twitter handle like you did. How did you do these things?
    If you go to the 'User CP' section you can add a signature, photo, user details etc.

Most counters have the website address somewhere on the counter itself. Most of the websites will have instructions on how to add it to your signature....I always have to read several forum threads when I update mine to remember how to do it....usually it's just trial and error with me

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

welcome!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome Kristen. I haven't yet been down for my birthday, either. It's in February and an awesome time to hit the parks since the crowds are low. IF you can stand the chilly weather. I might consider doing that in a few years, once I switch out my Christmas trip for a fall/Halloween trip. Otherwise, going in December and then again in February would be overkill.

Again, welcome!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I think celebrating my birthday is the perfect WDW vacation for me. Maybe after that one I will plan to visit for Christmas? Hmmmm....the only thing I would miss is the real snow we get up here in Minnesota. But, Christmas at WDW would be soooo much fun! Imagine all the goodies I could buy. Have you spent Christmas at WDW? If so, what's it like? I see you live in NY, so did you miss the snow?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've never spent Christmas itself at Disney. To me, it's more important to be with extended family than to be at WDW on the day itself. Plus, from the horror stories I hear about the crowds, that is probably the very LAST place I'd choose to be. I go every year during the second week of the month, and only stay five days. After that, I'm fine for another year. As for the snow, I got POUNDED last year. Storm on top of storm on top of storm. Nothing had a chance to melt before the next round hit us. And for NYC, that's fairly unusual. It seemed as if Mother Nature really had it in for Staten Island, and we wound up having the highest snowfall count in the region. Why Great Kills of all the areas in all the boroughs, I don't know. But out town really got hammered. Though I'm sure you get more than your share in MN, too. Haven't been to St. Paul, though I did spend four days in Minneapolis for work, but that was a while ago.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Welcome to the insanity.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Yensid23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Welcome. Glad you decided to join.
    See ya,

Melissa

There are some things in my life that I'll never understand but they become the force that makes me who I am.

My trips:
    1975-1989 - WDW- numerous (all off property)
    March 1993 - Disneyland (off property)
    July 1994 - Disneyland (off property)
    October 1997 - All-Star Sports
    June 2003- Pop Century
    November 2003 - Pop Century
    July 2007 - Poly
    December 2008 - Yacht Club
    January 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    March 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 2012 - Disneyland - Grand Californian

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!
    Follow me on Twitter- @disneygirl85

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome!

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Woohoo! Welcome, fellow Minnesotan!

I'm currently in Florida doing the college program but have one more year at the U when I return this Spring. It's nice to meet you and welcome!

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast