Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hi There in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi Everyone! I'm new to the Forums. I've been listening to the podcasts for about six months now, and in The Box for just a few weeks (the 40-hour show ...
    Tsunami77 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi There

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the Forums.

I've been listening to the podcasts for about six months now, and in The Box for just a few weeks (the 40-hour show was incredible by the way). What an absolutely fantastic community. It is truly a privilege to be a part of it.

A little of my Disney history:
    My family took me to WDW in the spring of 1972. I was very young, but the magic of this place made a deep impression on me. The things I remember most during our visit:
    · The bubbles rolling past the porthole as you “submerged” in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    · Flying over London in Peter Pan’s Flight
    · The tranquility of the Skyway
    · The birds and the flowers actually singing in the Tiki Room
    · And for some reason the Disney character topiaries – I must have wondered how Disney got the plants to grow that way.

A few years later my family visited relatives in California, so a trip to Disneyland was in order. There the Matterhorn became my favorite Disney attraction.

We made a few more trips to WDW in the following years, but then a lot of time went by without any trips at all. When I was in college I had the opportunity to go with some of my peers to WDW for a conference. We stayed at the Polynesian and visited Pleasure Island the evening after the conference was over. I marveled at how much WDW had changed.

A few years later I was newly married, and I had the chance to take my wife with me to WDW. I showed her all around Pleasure Island, but our favorite spot was the Comedy Warehouse. Those performers were incredibly talented. We were sad to learn of Comedy Warehouse’s eventual demise.

Fast forward to 2007 when my company hosted a big meeting at the Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center. That’s when I fell in love with the Beach Club – who but Disney can do a sand bottom swimming pool? The company went all out too – there was a private showing of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular just for us. After the first act when the scenery opens up to the streets of Cairo, the CMs invited all of us on stage for dinner. We were served authentic North African and Middle Eastern foods there on the stage, complete with roving belly dancers. It was incredible! After that they turned us loose in the Studios. That was the evening that I lost my cell phone on the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. It was in my pocket when I sat down and wasn’t when I got up. I have this mental image of it flying out of my pocket during one of those inversions, hurtling tranquilly through the ether only to smash into a million pieces on the floor below.

In 2009 I had the opportunity to take my family – we now have a son and a daughter – to WDW, and can you guess where we stayed? Ding, ding, ding! You are correct. The Beach Club. The kids absolutely loved it. My wife and I like that it’s so close to EPCOT and reasonably close to the Studios too. Plus you have the Boardwalk right there too. Top notch in our book.

And last autumn we had a rare fall break in the school schedule in the middle of October, so we snuck a long weekend trip back to WDW with the kids. The weather was perfect and the lines were nonexistent. One of the best trips we’ve ever had.

Now you’re up to date and know a little bit about me. I can’t wait to take the family back again someday, but we’re working our way through this challenging economy. So WDW Radio is how we get our Disney fix in lieu of a visit. We listen to the podcast in the car - my son and daughter can sing and hum the theme song.

My company is sending me to Orlando (unfortunately not to WDW) the second week of January for a business meeting. I’m contemplating going a few days early and signing up for the Half Marathon. I’ve never done a Half, only 5Ks, and I wouldn’t consider myself a “runner”. More of a plodder, or perhaps a trudger. But if you’re going to do a Half, what better place to do your first one than WDW? I just wish that my family could join me. If I sign up, maybe I’ll see a few of you there.

Regardless it’s good to be here.

malt is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Hi There

Hello and welcome.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome aboard.

It's really wonderful the World has given you so many fond memories.
    Here's to many more!

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Welcome to the boards!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Hello and welcome!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome.

Tsunami77 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks everyone!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Any friend of Rhino's is a friend of mine. Welcome.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hiya!

I would say that if you are interested in trying out a half marathon, the Donald half marathon held over Marathon Weekend is a great one to try. The entire weekend experience is gauged towards 'runners' at all levels.

January will be my second Donald and I am more of a plodder too.

Hope to 'see' you around the boards, in the parks, or in a start corral!!!

There is also the WDWRadio Running Team......just sayin'
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ˝ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ˝ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ˝ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ˝ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ˝ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ˝ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

welcome!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property