Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Fairly New Member, impatiently counting the days! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hullo, all! My name is Kitty, and I am planning a lovely long honeymoon at WDW in May of 2006. It seems so far away right now! I am married ...
    KittyMasi is offline A-Ticket holder

Fairly New Member, impatiently counting the days!

Hullo, all! My name is Kitty, and I am planning a lovely long honeymoon at WDW in May of 2006. It seems so far away right now!

I am married to a wonderful man who is as much in love with the magic of Disney as I am! We both decided to wait for the honeymoon until we could save up a little more and really enjoy it. So! Next May it is! We're both stuck in jobs we hate, so this is going to be our beacon of hope to get us through the next year. I've been haunting this website for a couple of months now, so I decided to go ahead and post. I need a dose of Disney to keep me going!

I've really enjoyed reading all the posts... I'm a real planning freak, so all of the tips are really helping!

Thirteen Days at Disney... will it ever come?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome aboard Kitty. We chat every tuesday and thursday at 9pm est

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT Kitty!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to the boards! 13 days for a honeymoon at Disney - sounds wonderful! Enjoy the planning, it will be here before you know it!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT!

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com

**KittyMasi**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun and rewarding!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Welcome to the boards. I know how you feel, waiting until the time comes. I often find that planning and anticipating are as much fun as going.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hi Kitty and welcome! I must say, I am envious of your upcoming honeymoon. My fiance and I are getting married September of 2006, and are possibly going on a WDW honeymoon then. How can I wait that long?!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

I know! It's so long to wait!

I think we have decided to do a "disney marathon" until the time comes... each week we are watching a different Disney flick that we really love to make the time pass. I'm making a list of the movies we will watch, and we'll cross one off each week!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyMasi
    Hullo, all! My name is Kitty, and I am planning a lovely long honeymoon at WDW in May of 2006. It seems so far away right now!

I am married to a wonderful man who is as much in love with the magic of Disney as I am! We both decided to wait for the honeymoon until we could save up a little more and really enjoy it. So! Next May it is! We're both stuck in jobs we hate, so this is going to be our beacon of hope to get us through the next year. I've been haunting this website for a couple of months now, so I decided to go ahead and post. I need a dose of Disney to keep me going!

I've really enjoyed reading all the posts... I'm a real planning freak, so all of the tips are really helping!

I too am planning a trip which I have waited a long time for (Disneylands 50th), now, as it is nearly upon me I feel the days are flying by too fast. As for passing the time while it seems to be going slowly I think you're on the right track joining this group a little dose of Disney every day take via the internet, works a lot like that spoonful of sugar Mary Poppins talks about. Also one more point and I hope I'm not over reaching here not knowing the details, but as a person who has had difficult/unpleasant jobs myself heres one thought sometimes a job that starts out being a really unpleasant one can change into a much better one over time. I work in a place that has long hours (12 hour shifts) and is very hot, in addition to that in the past they treated people quite poorly, well I put up with it because I more or less felt I had to, in a few years I knew so much and was so good at my job that when they were going around treating folks poorly they generally felt thier time was better spent harrassing others rather than me. A few years later they finally began to see the light and started changing the underlying policies, so that they would retain more people. Since most people hadn't put up with thier treatment for long I now have more seniority than all but one other hourly employee at our facility (all the other folks who have been there longer than me are salaried) things have gotten much better, this is how I like it! I'ts still hot and the hours are still long, but you might be surprised how much being shown a little appreciation now and then does. That and the fact that those long hours mean I only have to work seven days out of each two week cycle.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Welcome to the Disney family, Kitty, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyMasi

Congrats on your wedding and to DWT.com .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks, everybody!

And Big Brian, I'm glad your job turned out to be one you can get into after all! I started working at this bank four years ago as a teller, and now I manage the branch. I am pretty disillusioned with the philosophy of the bank, though. I'm really an artist at heart! I am an animator (thus my love of Disney), and I really can't wait to get back to what I love doing.
    Hopefully, the time will fly, and before I know it, I will be smothered in the Disney warmth I have grown to love!
    This week is Brother Bear week... not one of my faves, but lovely animation nonetheless!