Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello from Adelaide, AU! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi everyone, Thought I'd join the forum and give everyone a big howdy, as I've been listening to the WDW Radio Podcast since late 2010. From the beginning - I ...
    Eleni is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello from Adelaide, AU!

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join the forum and give everyone a big howdy, as I've been listening to the WDW Radio Podcast since late 2010. From the beginning - I am one crazy gal!! (Also, if anyone wants to know how to pronounce my name, it's like saying "Eh-lenny" - there's a fun one for y'all to try at home!)

I'm now a little over a year behind in the podcast, but I'm having fun listening to it!! My fiance thinks I'm a nutter for doing it, but I need to know it all for my one day trip (hopefully honeymoon!!) to Walt Disney World.

I'm a Disney fan and have started up a little collection, albeit an expensive one, cause it costs so much to ship here!!

Hopefully I'll talk to you all real soon!

Eleni x

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Hello from Adelaide, AU!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleni View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join the forum and give everyone a big howdy, as I've been listening to the WDW Radio Podcast since late 2010. From the beginning - I am one crazy gal!! (Also, if anyone wants to know how to pronounce my name, it's like saying "Eh-lenny" - there's a fun one for y'all to try at home!)

I'm now a little over a year behind in the podcast, but I'm having fun listening to it!! My fiance thinks I'm a nutter for doing it, but I need to know it all for my one day trip (hopefully honeymoon!!) to Walt Disney World.

I'm a Disney fan and have started up a little collection, albeit an expensive one, cause it costs so much to ship here!!

Hopefully I'll talk to you all real soon!

Eleni x
    Welcome fellow Adelaidean!!

I'm so excited to have another Aussie here ( and from my hometown!)

You'll fit right in here, everyone is so lovely, and welcoming! I'm actually going to WDW in September for my honeymoon!

I love buying stuff off the Disneystore.com, but yes, the shipping is highway robbery!

What do you collect?
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Hi Evilduckqueen,

Thank you for the welcome, fellow Adelaideian!! You'll have to fill me in on your honeymoon, sounds awesome!!

I started collecting Christmas decorations last year, bought mostly through eBay, but the shipping was far outweighing the cost of the decorations... But hopefully, I'll be able to get to WDW to get my own!!

See you round the forums! And if we get enough of us from ADL, we could hold our own Disney meets!!

Eleni

Hi Evilduckqueen,

Thank you for the welcome, fellow Adelaideian!! You'll have to fill me in on your honeymoon, sounds awesome!!

I started collecting Christmas decorations last year, bought mostly through eBay, but the shipping was far outweighing the cost of the decorations... But hopefully, I'll be able to get to WDW to get my own!!

See you round the forums! And if we get enough of us from ADL, we could hold our own Disney meets!!

Eleni
    I used to buy stuff at the Disney Store, when we had one at Marion. Now it's mostly eBay, Amazon, and The Disney Store.com, when I can afford to buy enough to justify paying $64.50 for shipping...

I would LOVE a Adelaide meet up! I'd settle for 3 people right now

Sera

I only found out last night from my fiance that there was a Disney and a WB store at Marion. How did I not know this prior to then? Sadface

Even if there was a Disney Store in Melbourne or Sydney, the shipping would be halved or quartered!!

Are there many more of us South Aussies on the WDW Radio Forums?

I only found out last night from my fiance that there was a Disney and a WB store at Marion. How did I not know this prior to then? Sadface

Even if there was a Disney Store in Melbourne or Sydney, the shipping would be halved or quartered!!

Are there many more of us South Aussies on the WDW Radio Forums?
    The Disney Store used to be where Imagine If is now, and the WB store, was across from that, where I think is the Colorado store. Sadly, they both closed down about 10 years ago I just wish we had other options of shipping costs. Instead of priority international, I would be happy to wait a few weeks for my items to arrive, if it meant cheaper shipping. It's seriously ridiculous.

There seem to be a few other Aussies, but I don't know which part they are from, and they don't seem to post very often. Which is sad! From what I've noticed, I seem to be the only constant Aussie poster here.
    Last edited by Evilduckqueen; 05-31-2012 at 11:04 AM.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Hello and welcome!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Thanks Rich always nice to meet the folks who love Lou's show!