Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss WDW Radio, my salvation! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello all, I'm happy to have found such a wonderful podcast at almost the perfect time. You see, I've always stayed away from Disney related stuff just because I thought ...
    4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW Radio, my salvation!

Hello all,

I'm happy to have found such a wonderful podcast at almost the perfect time. You see, I've always stayed away from Disney related stuff just because I thought they were "selling out" and exploiting others when in reality I knew the fun and magic of it all. I did enjoy my first trip to WDW in 1988 and a 2nd trip with my HS band in 1996... I enjoyed them A LOT! However, I wanted to be "cool" and not show just how much I loved it! No more will I act like that! I love WDW and everything that Disney has to offer! Lou's efforts here has been the perfect thing to help me through this and to return to my love of everything Disney.

My recent trip to WDW in 11/2012 all happened thanks to Make-a-Wish Foundation and Give Kids the World Village (GKTW). My son David was born with Shone's Complex which is a group of various heart defects (it's complex ). His wish was to go to WDW just like his cousins did two years before (just to be clear it was a non-wish trip for them). We hadnt exposed our 6-yr old twins (David and Matthew) to very much in the way of Disney so we spent ALL of 2012 showing them everything we could get our hands on. It was this deluge of Disney that reminded me of all the magic I was hiding from and brought out my inner child!

We had a VERY magical trip thanks to every cast member at WDW and the volunteers at GKTW! It was so magical that we must return OFTEN. Thats where Lou's podcast is perfect for me. We wont be able to return financially until at least June 2014. In the meantime, the WDW Radio Podcast keeps my spirits up and energetic about the next trip!

Thank you Lou!

Paul Shoemaker- 34
    Sarah Shoemaker - 34
    David Shoemaker - 6
    Matthew Shoemaker - 6
    Attached Images Attached Images  

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Re: WDW Radio, my salvation!

Hello and welcome!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Welcome!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Welcome to our little world!
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the welcomes! We JUST scheduled our next WDW vacation for October 2013. CAN'T WAIT! Is it October yet?!
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer