Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello :-) in the WDWRadio.com forums; I'm here to introduce myself - I'm Ruth. 34 from Basingstoke - England (40 miles west of London) I have a teenage son and we both love trading pins at ...
    Brinbunny is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello :-)

I'm here to introduce myself - I'm Ruth. 34 from Basingstoke - England (40 miles west of London) I have a teenage son and we both love trading pins at Disneyland Paris and have been to 2 events this year.
    I have never been to the USA but I have booked my 1st WDW trip for October 2014 !!!!!!! I will be going SOLO and staying at Caribbean beach resort. Excited would be an understatement
    With that in mind please feel free to supply any tips.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Hello :-)

Welcome to WDW Radio. You're trip sounds exciting.

How long will you be staying at Walt Disney World?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Brinbunny is offline A-Ticket holder

I have booked 16 nights, I hope to pop over to ioa and sea world for a couple of days. I also plan to go to MNSSHP :-)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

On my longer trips I do the Uni Parks too. Next year I will do SeaWorld also. Lots of new stuff to see at the other parks next year. I'm waiting to see when the new additions to Harry Potter are going to Grand Open before settling on trip plans.

16 days you will have a blast and be able to do it with rest, plus at your own pace. Halloween party is fun.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Bronx1151 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: Hello :-)

I stayed at the CBR on my first trip to WDW in August of 1995. I believe it is the first "moderate" resort opened by Disney. Depending on which at which building you are staying you can have a bit of a walk to Port Royal (food court, main pool, shop etc.) We enjoyed our stay at the CBR. I will be going to the Halloween Party with my oldest daughter this October. Fantasyland should be completed by the time you go! Definitely go over to Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure during your trip. The expansion to Harry Potter should be completed. Also, if your time and budget allow, try to go over to SeaWorld.

pikaroth is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Brinbunny View Post
    I have booked 16 nights, I hope to pop over to ioa and sea world for a couple of days. I also plan to go to MNSSHP :-)
    Hello and welcome to the forums! Sixteen days? Absolutely awesome, very excited for you! Given that much time, you are right to check out Sea World and Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I could go on and on, but in an odd way, I like Sea World better than Universal/IOA due to how stuck in time it feels. Whenever I go to Sea World (maybe twice a year versus heading to Disney at least once a week), I almost have more flashbacks to being a kid even more than even Disney due to how 'dated' it all feels. I know some people would look at that as a bad thing, but I love and adore it. Also, in my experience, and I will withhold the stories for now, more 'odd' people are there walking around that would most likely get you removed from Disney due to clothing and actions, and again, somehow, I like that and it feels more down to earth. 2014 will be here soon, so, again, I'm very happy for you! Maybe I'll see you walking around one day!