Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Father of 3 in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello all, I just recently found this site, and being the avid Disney fan since childhood, I can't wait to get my kids into it. We are planning a trip ...
    chrisam9 is offline A-Ticket holder

Father of 3

Hello all, I just recently found this site, and being the avid Disney fan since childhood, I can't wait to get my kids into it. We are planning a trip this September and I hope that they get out of it everything I got from Disney when I use to go with my parents. Disney has always been a very magical place to me that bring back good memories of family vacations. my children are just now of the age where I hope they can start to appreciate the magic Disney offers (at the expense many hours of overtime) if anyone out their can suggest ways of saving money, or just any tips they can suggest for a group of 5 with children 2, 3, and 4 with the 4 year old and mother both having birthdays while we are at the park. I already believe I have applied and know most of the discounts that the military receive, but again I don't always know everything.

Any help given will be greatly appreciated, oh by the way what are the meal vouchers I have seen on e-bay about.

:mickey:

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Nice to meet you. Hope you have fun. Be carefull if the vouchers are like the tickets then they are locked meaning only the owner can use them.

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The best way to save money atleast some of it is. to really try and bring snacks with you in the park. Feeding five and the little ones usually dont finish everything on there plate. If you can eat little snacks while in the park instead of the whole meal that might work. I hope you have a wonderful time. Good luck with sharing the magic with your children.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    When in September are you going to be there? We will be there in September!
    They call me "Nana"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Try bringing those small travel size cereals so you can eat before you go into the parks and some other stuff that the kids like

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! Don't buy any food vouchers for WDW on e-bay. They are probably left over from a group outing and you will get in big trouble using them if you are caught. Also, be sure to get the birthday pins at Guest Relations at all the parks. Have a great trip. DW and I will be there in October.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome to the boards and the best tip i can give is you get meals there share between everyone we have done this and get by with 2 at the most 3 for a family of 4

chrisam9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    When in September are you going to be there? We will be there in September!
    September 10th through the 18th

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Cool....we are going to be there the 10th-the 15th....not fair ***pouts*** you get to stay longer...lol

Did you get the great deal they were running for sept with the meal plan?
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisam9
    I already believe I have applied and know most of the discounts that the military receive...

I'd assume those are hefty discounts.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Welcome to the boards! Hope you and your family have TONS of fun! Wish I was going this year...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome! When I went the last trip, I had bfast in the room with my kids-cereal bars, bread with PB and J, etc. We saved a ton of money. We had a few counter service meals in the park, and splurged on a few sit-down meals.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Welcome to the board!!! A great group of people here with some great ideas to share with you. Mine is to eat a late lunch. Get the last sitting at a buffet and eat tons - you may also get more attention from characters if it is a character meal. That way you have enough food to hold you over and you have paid less for lunchtime prices than dinner time prices. Then maybe share a popcorn later!

I hope you have a great time with your family on this trip!!