Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hello from Buffalo in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello everyone, My name is Tony and I am a longtime Disney Geek from Buffalo NY. My wife and I got married in Disney 19 years ago and our very ...
    thedisneydad is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello from Buffalo

Hello everyone,

My name is Tony and I am a longtime Disney Geek from Buffalo NY. My wife and I got married in Disney 19 years ago and our very expensive honeymoon lasted about a month inside the parks. We come back every 6 months, especially for each anniversary. Now we share this with our two kids and have the best time ever.

In April, this will be our first trip with the Magic Bands FP+ and no legacy fast passes to fall back on. It is April, so with the crowd levels, plus being limited to 3 fast passes, I am not looking forward to this trip as I have in the past. I know it has had some good reviews so far, but during this time of year, after your 3 passes are used, stand by lines are only 20 minutes or so. In April, the norm is usually over an hour. Park Hopping was a great option, but it appears Disney put the Kibosh on that as well. (Unless anyone actually wants to leave one park, then park hop to a 2nd park and have to spend over 2-hours in line waiting to go on the Safari, Space Mountain, Test Trek or Toy Story Mania).

Hopefully there are some changes coming. On our last visit, fast pass lines were almost 30 minutes long. It is as if Disney did not realize that needing to scan your band for each and every person to make sure that the fast pass is even available, takes much longer than the cast member glancing down at a couple pieces of paper. To make matters worse, throughout every ride, several people from the stand-by line jump on over to the fast pass line and then argue with each an every cast member at the 2nd and final checkpoint before going on the ride. They blame it on a glitch, being that they all claimed it allowed them to enter the fast pass line entry, Which of course were all lies being we seen them jump on over.

This year is our 20th anniversary and as our kids are getting older, they have been begging us to jump ship and try a Universal Studios resort. Being Disney lovers, it was never even a consideration, however if things go bad this trip, After 20 years and over 40 visits, Universal may be getting a new yearly customer. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts as well.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Hello from Buffalo

From on Disney Dad to another, welcome aboard
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort