Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Greetings from NJ! Here is my Story! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hey all! I've been a member on here for a long time but it's been a good long while since I posted. My name is Kevin, and I live in ...
    GizmoDuck is offline A-Ticket holder

Greetings from NJ! Here is my Story!

Hey all! I've been a member on here for a long time but it's been a good long while since I posted. My name is Kevin, and I live in Lou's old stomping ground of Union County NJ. I'm a lifelong WDW fanatic and big time lover of WDW Radio. For years the parks have been a huge part of my life.

To that end I've actually decided to follow in Lou's footsteps and create a Disney podcast. It's a part of my podcast network the White Dragon Podcast Network. It is called 2 Men and the Mouse, and it is my buddy Pete and I counting down the hot topic rumors and news of the week and adding our own personal stories from the parks. We're covering WDW and the larger Disney universe beyond. The first episode went live yesterday, and I should have iTunes approval by the end of today. But for now you can find it on PodOmatic | Podcast - 2 Men and The Mouse: The WDPN Walt Disney World Podcast. I swear it's not a ripoff of WDW Radio!

From a personal standpoint, my live of Disney World stems from my first visit as a 2 year old. My first memory is the feel of Mickey Mouse's hand. I remember the feel of the small knot in the palm where the stitching came together as I shook his hand.

WDW has been the home of so many amazing magical memories for me. It's the place where my dad and I shared unforgetable bonding moments, the place my younger brother and I became completely inseperable, the place I proposed to my wife, and the place that makes me happiest in my daily life. I try to keep the magic with me every day of the year in some fashion.

My most recent trip was one that changed my life. My wife and I went after our wedding in 2012, not a honeymoon, but just a brief three day WDW trip. I had gained a tremendous amount of weight. I was over 320 lbs at the time of our arrival, and my weight caused many problems for me throughout our stay. From back pain, to blisters and knee issues, I was a complete mess and it was impeding my ability to enjoy the parks as I always have. At a certain OTHER Orlando theme park I was actually denied entry into a certain attraction featuring wizards because of my weight. This inspired me, and lit a fire under me to get my life back together. Since that day I have been on a weight loss journey, and I'm proud to announce I've lost 90 lbs and still falling. I can't wait to return to the parks a changed man, and walk those hallowed streets once more with a smile on my face. I hope to share those memories with each and every one of you on here!
    BLATHERING BLATHERSCEIT!!!!!!!!

pikaroth is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Greetings from NJ! Here is my Story!

Just subscribed to the podcast and will be listening to it a bit later today and tomorrow! I'm really looking forward to it.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Greetings from NJ! Here is my Story!

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoDuck View Post

My most recent trip was one that changed my life. My wife and I went after our wedding in 2012, not a honeymoon, but just a brief three day WDW trip. I had gained a tremendous amount of weight. I was over 320 lbs at the time of our arrival, and my weight caused many problems for me throughout our stay. From back pain, to blisters and knee issues, I was a complete mess and it was impeding my ability to enjoy the parks as I always have. At a certain OTHER Orlando theme park I was actually denied entry into a certain attraction featuring wizards because of my weight. This inspired me, and lit a fire under me to get my life back together. Since that day I have been on a weight loss journey, and I'm proud to announce I've lost 90 lbs and still falling. I can't wait to return to the parks a changed man, and walk those hallowed streets once more with a smile on my face. I hope to share those memories with each and every one of you on here!
    Welcome aboard (back). I tried to add your podcast to my listening rotation using Podkicker on my android phone but it's not there. Any idea how I can add it to Podkicker or can you? I am a technology moron.

I experienced the same thing at the other park. My middle daughter wanted to ride the same attraction you spoke about and I promised her she and I would ride it together. But poor daddy was too "broad" as the ride attendant said but she was very nice about it. I would say I was around 270 and unknown to me I was on the verge of type I diabetes (or the sugah as they say in my neck of the woods). We are mere months away from a return to the Wizarding World, I've lost 60lbs with 15 more to go, no signs of diabetes and she and I will walk hand in hand on that ride so I can fulfill my promise to her.

Keep up the good work my friend. If you need encouragement, message me.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 03-06-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort