Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss I'm New here. in the WDWRadio.com forums; Greetings to everyone. I am a lifelong Disney fanatic. My first visit was in December of seventy-two but because I was only five at the time I really do not ...
    byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm New here.

Greetings to everyone.
    I am a lifelong Disney fanatic. My first visit was in December of seventy-two but because I was only five at the time I really do not remember much. in Eighty-nine I was a Cast Member at Disney MGM Studios on the College Program and found it very difficult to come back. but I did and a year later was married, which has lasted for fourteen years. My first memory of Disney was my brothers reaction of the Monorail going by when we were parking at the Magic Kingdom lot. He actually danced in the lot. next were the fireworks over the castle seen from the Poly the second night. I hope to return to Disney many times and it looks like the next will be in January of next year. I really enjoy reading the posts and questions that many people have. I may even have an answer or two.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Welcome to the board. :mickey:

We would love for you to share some of your CM stories if you have some!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Welcome! We really seem to be building up with former CMs!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

to the DWT Family byoung1521!

BTW byoung....when you said that you "found it very difficult to come back", did you mean back to Boston or back to WDW??? It's great to have another CM on the boards...former or otherwise! Would love for you to share some stories with us!!!!!

I found it difficult to return to Boston. I was going back in the middle of winter, and if my parents had not driven down to pick me up I might have stayed. I dont have many stories. But I will love to remember them and post some of the tamer ones, I was the only 21 year old CP CM in my building. Ahhh good old Vista way apartments
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote Originally Posted by byoung1521
    I found it difficult to return to Boston. I was going back in the middle of winter, and if my parents had not driven down to pick me up I might have stayed. I dont have many stories. But I will love to remember them and post some of the tamer ones, I was the only 21 year old CP CM in my building. Ahhh good old Vista way apartments
    Oh my.....you've peaked my interest for the un"tame" stories!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    It's great to have another former CM on the boards here, so a big welcome to you.

Just wondering when in January you'll be heading out to WDW, because I'll be there too.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo
    It's great to have another former CM on the boards here, so a big welcome to you.

Just wondering when in January you'll be heading out to WDW, because I'll be there too.
    And you're both from Boston!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    And you're both from Boston!
    Oh Yeah, haha. I forgot that little detail. Thanks Melissa.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Quote Originally Posted by byoung1521
    WELCOME TO DWT!!!
    I remember those Vista Way apartments well!! (You were there two years before me. ) You are lucky because being American you could go back to work at WDW anytiime you wanted. I am Canadian and we had to have a special visa. Not so easy to go back once our contract was over. I remember a couple of friends and I looking into applying for green cards so we could go back to WDW. The jump to reality was really depressing . I settled for working in the Disney Store instead.
    Last edited by WDW Donna; 08-01-2005 at 10:52 PM.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

The Wife and I have not set the exact date yet, We just started to look at song for flights and to see if my parents (who live in Kissimmee ) will be able to put us up.
    We also have to find out when the Cheerleader and Band Competition is being held, It is insane to go there when the students are there.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Welcome And Have Fun Here!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com

**byoung1521**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast