Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss introducing myself in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello! (I've never been in a forum before.) Hi! I've been a huge Disney fan since I was 6. My first trip to the Magic Kingdom was then. My family ...
    CarolFerguson is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking introducing myself

Hello! (I've never been in a forum before.) Hi! I've been a huge Disney fan since I was 6. My first trip to the Magic Kingdom was then. My family and I went sometimes 3 times a year, bought a time share in Kissimmee, and even a yellow car to spot it quickly in the parking lot! ha ha! My husband and I have an anniversary brick in the path near the Polynesian resort.

My brothers and I used to play a game we invented called, "Where am I now?" We had to guess where the other person was "mentally" somewhere in Walt Disney World. I even used to help lost "guests" (I knew the place that well.)
    But, in the past 10 years I've had some problems and haven't been able to make it to Florida much. I'm going crazy to see the Animal Kingdom. I also want to see Disney Tokyo.
    I'm a drama teacher and I need some help, everyone. I'm trying to begin teaching/directing "Snow White" and I need ideas for backdrops, costumes, etc. I thought one of the castles was "hers".....am I wrong? When I go on the web and "google" Snow White's castle, many seem to think that a castle is hers. Cinderella's is at Disney World and Sleeping Beauty's is at Disneyland, right? What is Paris'? Does Tokyo have a castle? HELP!!!! Thank you!!!! -cferguson@oglethorpe.k12.ga.us

to the DWT Family! Hope you find your time here well spent!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Hey there!

I'd get asked for help alot in the world alot in the past few visits.. something about gold ears that makes foreigners think you work there! .. I'm not complaining

and I have no idea about the castles, except that ours here in Florida is actually Prince Charming's, he just named it after his chick.

c ya Carol!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, Carol!

Tokyo's castle is Cinderella's, almost an exact copy of Florida's. Paris has another Sleeping Beauty castle (though it's name sounds so much cooler in French) but it looks totally different than California. Hong Kong is getting a copy of CA's Sleeping Beauty castle.

So far, Snow White has been left homeless.

Good luck with the show!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT Carol!

I think the confusion regarding Snow White and Sleeping Beauty Castle is that originally the castle in DL was supposed to be Snow White's Castle, not Aurora's. It was changed to Aurora's during the time the film was in production.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com

**CarolFerguson**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun and exciting!

WDW's Cinderella Castle is 100 feet taller than Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

flutter is offline Moderator
    Welcome

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WELCOME CAROL!!!!!!!

HMMM...you got my brain thinking overtime now. I love doing home decorating and set design is not much different.....well...lets see...What ages is this play for?
    Snow White takes place mostly in the forest...so lots and lots of trees and bushes (maybe you can borrow some from a local nursery ---possibly include them in a list of sponsors and you may get them free of charge--never hurts to ask) Borrowing real ones sure beats the heck out of making them out of wood or cardboard. OH! ....If you are doing this soonish---now is the time a lot of people trim evergreens so more free trees for the asking there.
    The 7 Dwarfs house is usually depicted to be small and having a thatched roof.....more free stuff in the form of corn stocks that the farmers cut down----fall is a great time to find them and they will keep for quite a long time if stored properly....they would look great as roof thatch.
    Still thinking...let us know the ages of the group you are doing this for and I'm sure the others and myself will come up with some more great ideas. There are loads of creative people on here.
    Good luck with the play and Break a leg....LOL

OH!!! Forgot....again depending on when you are putting this on...halloween stores are in abundance and have lots of beards for the little guys...look for them to go on clearance closer to October 31...
    Last edited by vixen101485; 08-09-2005 at 06:36 PM.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    and have a magical time.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Hi!
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome aboard the Disney Express

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome, and good luck with the play!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!