Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss got back this morning and feeling depressed in the WDWRadio.com forums; Last night (Thursday August 11, 2005) was our last night in Orlando. My two sons, wife, and I left the Magic Kingdom right before the Main Street Light Parade started ...
    OhioanluvsWDW is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy got back this morning and feeling depressed

Last night (Thursday August 11, 2005) was our last night in Orlando. My two sons, wife, and I left the Magic Kingdom right before the Main Street Light Parade started (we had seen it twice along with the firework show following it) We had to be up at 4 AM for our plane back to Ohio. My wife and I took leaving harder then my two boys did. I was actually fighting back tears and I'm a grown man!! Yes, Walt Disney World is magic, there is NO doubt whatsoever. Thank you Walter, you are a TRUE genius (wherever you are now). Pictures of all 4 parks forthcoming. (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios). I can't wait to take my two boys back in two (sigh) years.
    Last edited by OhioanluvsWDW; 08-12-2005 at 04:45 PM.

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    it's always horrible when you have to leave. But don't worry, you're not the only one who fights back tears... I'm sure nearly everyone here does it
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

OhioanluvsWDW is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks Star, the trip was fantastic, the sweetest moment was in the Crystal Palace restaurant and the sheer joy that Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet brought my two boys, and when we got off the Monorail I heard one of Pooh's songs and it hit me like a ton of bricks that it was over. I'll be in this state of depression for days.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    It does take awhile to get back into "real world" mode....

but think of all the great memories and of course, planning your next trip!
    can't wait to see your pictures!
    And welcome to the board!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    and of course, planning your next trip!

I have found this is the most effective cure for the post disney trip blues.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Welcome to the boards OhioanluvsWDW.....I'm not sure leaving is the worst thing or not knowing when you are coming back that is sadder.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    I used to go thru "Post Disney Withdrawal" and depression as a kid every year when we left. I lived in NC then. going back to school was especially hard, like when we went during Spring Break or Christmas break, and I had to go to school the day after we returned. I would be so bummed out and never pay attention in class.

I still get a little down when I leave, but it's easier now that I live closer. But I still don't get to go that often b/c of $$$ and time off work so it still stinks!

~Selena

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Who are you welcoming? This thread is like 3 months old! LOL. Didja get the wrong thread? Hehe.

~M

Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    Who are you welcoming? This thread is like 3 months old! LOL. Didja get the wrong thread? Hehe.

~M
    I think that JC was on a mission yesterday....I saw that he had welcomed a very large number of members that he had not yet formally welcomed to the site. He's just being friendly!