Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Hail, fellow WDW-lovers in the WDWRadio.com forums; I am a 25 year-old WDW geek, who is going to be returning to the motherland. after a 7 year absence, with favorites like Mr. Toad and Horizons gone, I ...
    MilltownFigment is offline A-Ticket holder

Hail, fellow WDW-lovers

I am a 25 year-old WDW geek, who is going to be returning to the motherland. after a 7 year absence, with favorites like Mr. Toad and Horizons gone, I hope WDW still has the priceless magic I remembered. Also I am an avid purchaser of the extinct Attractions DVD's, which have come in handy in terms of the withdrawals. Since my last trip a new park has opened(Animal Kingdom) and many new rides have opened. Are rides like Test Track, Soarin', and Mission:Space all they are being advertised as? I am thankful classics such as Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Caribbean still remain in the spots I last saw them at. I also read the Living Sea is going to closed when I am there, DOH! I also saw that they changed Journey into Imagination, how does it stack up? If I have described you, please pass along any tips, new rides, or ideas you think maybe helpful. I willl be in the happiest place on earth Oct. 12 - 19.
    MilltownFigment

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Hey there! Nice to meet ya! I am 23 and my name is Katy. I, like you, went to WDW two years ago and it had been almost 10 years since I had been there so I experienced Animal Kingdom and the new rides for the first time as well. It was absolutely spectacular. Better then I remembered and I think I even liked it more then I did when I was a kid. I hope you have a ton of fun! Mission: SPACE is really a great ride and I enjoyed Test Track as well. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to ride Soarin. Let me know how you like it.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT MilltownFigment!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    to DWT.com

**MilltownFigment**.

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by MilltownFigment
    I am a 25 year-old WDW geek, who is going to be returning to the motherland. after a 7 year absence, with favorites like Mr. Toad and Horizons gone, I hope WDW still has the priceless magic I remembered. Also I am an avid purchaser of the extinct Attractions DVD's, which have come in handy in terms of the withdrawals. Since my last trip a new park has opened(Animal Kingdom) and many new rides have opened. Are rides like Test Track, Soarin', and Mission:Space all they are being advertised as? I am thankful classics such as Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and Pirates of the Caribbean still remain in the spots I last saw them at. I also read the Living Sea is going to closed when I am there, DOH! I also saw that they changed Journey into Imagination, how does it stack up? If I have described you, please pass along any tips, new rides, or ideas you think maybe helpful. I willl be in the happiest place on earth Oct. 12 - 19.
    MilltownFigment
    Welcome to the boards!!! Wow, you sure are in for a lot of fun when you come home to WDW. However, keep Imagination in your memory because the new one is only OK. DW and I will be at WDW from the 4th to the 14th. Hope to meet you.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MilltownFigment is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

Thank you for the response, it is always great to meet others with the same passion of WDW . Any more tips for me?

MilltownFigment

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Welcome! Glad you are here.

to the DWT Family! Enjoy your trip back to the Happiest Celebration on Earth!!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome to DWT MilltownFigment

We used to go about every seven years also we always found the trips to be full of fun new experiences. Enjoy!

Soarin' is fantastic! You will love it.

Have fun!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Welcome MilltownFigment!
    We're glad you've joined us on the boards!

Soarin' is awesome! You're gonna have a great time at WDW! Be sure to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival while you're there - that's grown a lot in the past 7 years also.
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Welcome to DWT MilltownFigment. I like you haven't rode Soarin yet but will in December. As far as the other they are awesome. If you have time check out a tour or two.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome! I will JUST miss being in WDW during your dates. First, I love some of the new stuff-I think the Pooh ride is well done, and Mickey's Philharmagic is NOT to be missed. It is a great 3-d show. I am usually not thrilled with screen attractions, but this is great.

As far as Journey into the Imagination with Figment, my kids LOVE this ride and we never miss. I'd say give it a try. Also, don't miss Soarin' at Epcot, it is one of my family's new favorites. Of course I love much of the old classics as well, but I do think you will enjoy some of the new attractions. Anyway, have fun, it's DISNEY!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Here are the new things in only the last 5 years:

Attractions
    Crush 'n' Gusher
    Journey Into Imagination With Figment
    Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
    Mickey's PhilharMagic
    Mission: SPACE Advanced Training Lab
    Mission: SPACE
    Mission: SPACE Pavilion
    Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
    Primeval Whirl®
    Soarin'™
    Stitch's Great Escape!™
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    TriceraTop Spin
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
    Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT MilltownFigment!

Yes, many things have changed, but the magic is definitely still there! You'll have a wonderful time.

If you haven't already done so, learn about FastPass. It can save you time, especially when seeing the newest attractions.
    Enjoy it all!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hello MilltownFigment and to our DWT family! I'm Bobby, close to your age (I'll be 24 in October) and you'll meet many "WDW geeks" here, I myself am one and proud of it! I haven't been to WDW in a few years , but hope to return soon. It was my first visit to Animal Kingdom last time, which I felt was very enjoyable. Journey is much different now and I do not like the new version at all. The old Figment and Dreamfinder are greatly missed. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself though and be sure to let us know how it is! Look forward to hearing more from you...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast