Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Introducing Myself!!! in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hi everyone! My name is Bill and I signed up for the site a little while ago, but just now finally getting the time to sit and try to figure ...
    MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder

Introducing Myself!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Bill and I signed up for the site a little while ago, but just now finally getting the time to sit and try to figure it out. Extra excited because I leave for WDW in less than two weeks. Just wanted to introduce myself, and if anyone wants to help me figure this site out, please pm me. Thanks, and have a Magical Day!!!!

Bill
    :mickey:

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT Bill!

If you have any specific questions regarding this site, please post them. Someone will answer your question(s). You never know, you may help someone else with the same question.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

well, how do I make a buddy list on here, and build up my friends I guess are the main two questions. Since it is such a large site, I'm a little lost on how to meet like-minded people. I tried the Chat Room, but it's like a Ghost Town in there!!!

Bill

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The fact that you joined a Disney site means you have met like-minded people, meaning we all share a love of a Disney. For more specific people, just start reading threads and you'll develop an idea of who shares your passion for a certain character/attraction/movie/etc.

We have 2 scheduled chats a week, both are at 9:00PM EDT on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Buddy Lists:
    Go to your User CP and look under the red box called "Miscellaneous" at the bottom left. There you will see an option for "Buddy/Ignore Lists." Click on that. You can then update your Buddy and/or Ignore lists there.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Okay, thanks. I've added you to my list, but, I dont know how to see the list now, is it like AOL where I would just click on your name and chat with you????

Bill

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    to DWT.com

*MKRsrtMonorail*

Hope you will find your time here to be fun!

Join us in our Chat Room Tuesday and Thursday Nights 9:00 PM EDT
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    welcome, Bill! I believe the "buddy list" just puts a little + in front of someone's name (down at the bottom of the page) when they are on at the same time you are. We're all pretty friendly here, so you can just post in the threads and we'll answer!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Hi Bill and to the boards! Glad you found time to get on and check us out. Feel free to ask us any other questions, and remember to have FUN!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

ken_endeavors is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't know how well this'll go, but I'm going to give it a try, anyway. (But, then again, some of you may have tried this.) Here's a TIP on getting to Walt Disney World: Back in my hometown, I worked as a convenience store clerk. While I was there, I accumulated
    four vacations: one in May 1995; one in December 1996; and two in 1997 - Sept. and
    Dec. I worked full-time as the third-shift clerk. As such, I got used to being a "night-owl." This, then, is my tip: I drove for three of those trips (Sept. 1997: I flew). And this is how I did it. On the day I left, I slept all day. Then, I got up around 10:00pm or
    11:00pm, got ready, and left the house thirty minutes to an hour later. That put me
    getting through Atlanta GA at about 12:30am or 1:00 am, when the traffic was at its
    lightest. (75 south) That immediately got me through Atl, and on my way. I would get
    into Florida between 7:00 - 8:00am, and DRIVE ON to WDW. I would then get into WDW 11:30am or 12:30pm. I would go to the resort I was staying in, get checked in,
    go to my room, and settle in. That gave me almost a full half-day to enjoy the parks,
    and/or other things. Practically an extra day! This is perfect for those with families and children, as the children can sleep on the way down there, and not have the has-
    sle of whining (Are we there yet? I'm hungry!... I gotta go to... ), and still have a half day of sightseeing; For couples (just take turns napping while the other one drives); For singles ( sorry, but unless you're driving with friends, you're on your own. Nobody
    was with me, but I made it just fine). If anybody else has had a similar experience,
    would you please share them with me and/or others?
    C Kendrick Huntoon

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Welcome to the DWT family, MKRsrt! (and thanks to all of you who jumped in to help him out!)

As you can see, we have a very freindly, helpful group here, so if you ever need anyhting - just ask! Have fun!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome aboard

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property