Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Introduce Yourself! Discuss Greetings from the UK in the WDWRadio.com forums; Hello all. Just thought I'd take a minute to intro myself. Love the web site and the discussions. I've been going to the World since as long as I can ...
    Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder

Greetings from the UK

Hello all. Just thought I'd take a minute to intro myself. Love the web site and the discussions. I've been going to the World since as long as I can remember. Even honeymooned there 15 years ago. Now we have 4 kids and they can say they've been going for as long as they can remember! Last time we all went there was December 02. I'm in the US military and am now stationed in the UK so it may be a few years before we get there again but with all the great stories posted here I feel as though I am there sometimes. I've been stationed in Japan and southern California so we have had the opportunity to go to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland as well on numerous occassions. Our next Disney adventure will be to Disneyland Paris in November and we can't wait to make the comparison to all the other Disney locations. I'd be happy to report on that after our trip. If anyone has any good Disney Paris info I'd love to hear it.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    welcome!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Pipper,

Welcome!!!! Thank you for the introduction, and appreciate the kind words about the site and forums! Hope you get a chance to get back to the "World" soon, as it is an ever-changing and yet always magical place that clearly all of us here love.

And if I may, I want to say how much I personally appreciate your service in the U.S. Armed Forces. No matter your rank, position, or geographic location, you help make our nation a safe, free place to live, and the greatest nation on Earth, Thank you.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou,
    Thank you very much for the kind words. Just trying to make our country and our world a safer and better place for everyone. It's Walt Disney's vision of the Happiest Place on Earth that should remind us of what's really important.
    I will definitely be ordering your book. I've been reading all the cool stuff posted on the web and want to read more. I especially enjoy the trivia on past attractions. I guess it brings me back to my childhood days when life was simple and the most important thing was how many times you rode Space Mountain (for bragging rights) or which track was better Alpha or Omega (Omega gets my vote!). My favorite (behind space mountain) was If You Had Wings. I think that was sponsored by Eastern Airlines (now long gone) at one point. I have always been an aviation nut and have been lucky enough throughout my entire Navy career to have flown the F-14 Tomcat fighter jet (an E-tickect ride in itself!). Keep up the great work you do back home.

Pipper

Nova '87 (by-the-way) and from NJ
    wife - Nova '88

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    hi pipper --hope to see you around.i'd like to echo lou's thoughts --us brits are with you all the way and wish you good luck.see you around in here buddy

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pipper
    Lou,
    ....flown the F-14 Tomcat fighter jet (an E-tickect ride in itself!). VERY cool!!!! You should post a picture of yourself in the Post a Picture... thread of you in your Tomcat (with your trivia book in hand)
    Pipper

Nova '87 (by-the-way) I'm a Nova 86!! and from NJ -What part??? I'm from Edison (originally from Plainfield)

wife - Nova '88

I agree with you about the old, extinct attractions and If You had Wings... one of my all-time favorites which also reminds me of my childhood there with my family.

(Lou about to break out into song again, much to the dismay of the forum members... "If you had wings... you could do anything... you could widen your world... if you had wings.... If yoooooouuuuuu had wiiiiiiiinnnggggsss.... If Yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuhad wiiings...."

Thanks again for your service to our nation!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Epcot Man,
    Thanks for the great words as well. It's nice to have a Brit on the site! I am proud to fight the war on terror along side with such great peace loving people. Anyway, great to be on British soil and we'll see you around the site. Cheers!

Pipper

Lou,
    My folks still live in Cherry Hill, NJ (exit 4). I am sad to say that I am currently on a staff tour right now so the fastest thing I drive is a desk and pencil (and am getting pretty good at power point)! Hope to get back to the cockpit on the next assignment. I could dig up some old photo of me and the jet sans the book I'm going to order from you. Also many pics from the world available also!

Pipper

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    no problem pipper--i genuinely mean my words too ---i can say hand over heart that i've never met an abusive or obnoxious american,(someone,somewhere must be-----i've seen it in the movies!! )...........you are a very welcoming and polite bunch,--that too is part of the attraction to me of not only wdw but the country as a whole!!!!!!godspeed mate
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Epcot Man,
    Thanks and likewise with the British. I'm sure both our cultures have its share of "characters". Looks like you are headed to the World shortly, is that correct. Have you been on Mission Space? I still have not but have heard great things about it.

Pipper

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    quick question JC.... do you realize that you welcome people a year or more after the join?